Tuesday, 03 June 2008
Even though the second expansion for SC2, Patton Drives East, was released recently, work on improving the first expansion Weapons and Warfare hasn't stopped. To prove that statement, we are proud to announce the new v1.04 Patch and updated Demo for Weapons and Warfare.
This Strategic Command 2 Weapons and Warfare Expansion v1.04 Patch brings the normal load of enhancements, bug fixes and editor updates to the table along with a new "Video Acceleration" setting which should address the issue some people have had with in-game scroll and unit selection speeds being extremely slow.
The patch is 128Mb in size and i s All-Inclusive, meaning it can be applied to any of the previously released English langauge Battlefront.com versions of the game.
< Download the v1.04 Weapons and Warfare Patch Here >
In addition to the all the new game patch above, we have also prepared an updated v1.04 Demo. This demo features 2 playable campaigns and all of the fixes and changes offered in the patch version.
< Download the updated v1.04 Demo Here >
SC2 Weapons and Warfare Patch v1.04
This patch is all-inclusive, includes all the earlier patch content and will patch any previous Battlefront.com English language version of Strategic Command Weapons and Warfare Expansion from the initial v1.0 to v1.03.
This patch will not work with any non-English version of Strategic Command 2 Weapons and Warfare Expansion at this time.
Separate patches for the other language versions will be released in the future.
PREVIOUS SAVE GAME COMPATIBILITY NOTE
Save games created with earlier versions of the game are NOT compatible with v1.04. Please finish your in-progress games before applying this patch.
NEW VIDEO ACCELERATION SETTING
If you play the game and notice unplayably slow map scroll speeds and unit selection time, then please activ ate the "Video Acceleration" option from inside the Settings panel. That option will use a different method to handle graphics and should put yourgame performance back to what it should be. If you have never noticed any extreme game slowness, you can leave this option set to OFF.
Strategic Command 2 Weapons and Warfare Expansion v1.04 Patch
Filesize: 128 Megabytes
v1.04 VERSION HISTORY:
GAME ENGINE CHANGES
- Corrected a Network load error for some games converted from E-Mail/Hotseat, resaved all Allied start campaigns via Editor
- Fixed a surprise enemy contact error for Paratroops that sometimes gave them an extra strength point
- Fixed a strategic bomber error that caused some strength point anomalies for defending air units located on the attacked resource
- Fixed a Map dialog error
- Sea weather zone with majority value of 'calm' will be set to calm for the first turn of a campaign, similar setting already in place for land Primary an d Secondary weather effects
- Fixed a submarine surprise encounter error
- Fixed a graphical glitch that would cause islands to disappear when stormy seas were present
- Improved AI naval combat calculations, now up to 4X faster under the right circumstances
- Storms and storm effects no longer apply to naval units that are on a coastal or island position at sea where there is a territorial owner of the tile, for example the rules remain unchanged for all open sea tiles
- Improved scroll speed by adjusting how DirectX stores bitmaps to memory with an optional setting for 'Video Acceleration' in the SETTINGS dialog
- Improved scroll speed by adding bitmapped strength values instead of generating them on the fly
EDITOR RELATED CHANGES
- Fixed the following User Manual errata:
- SA armies France, Spain and Sweden value is 2 now mentioned
- Destroyer range attack value is now correctly set to 1
- Motorization cost values are corrected
- Fixed the following campaign errors:
- Polish town properly renamed Przemysl
- Removed extraneous Corps names forSaudi Arabia
Strategic Command 2: Weapons and Warfare Expansion Demo (v1.04)
This demo includes two playable campaigns, Fall Weiss which depicts the German invasion of Poland and Wacht Am Rhein, better known as the Battle of the Bulge. Multiplayer modes are disabled in the demo but both campaigns are playable against the AI as either the Axis or Allied side.
Weapons and Warfare incorporates a huge list of new features frequently asked for by t he fan community, including a bigger world map, new units, enhanced naval movement and combat rules, a deeper weather model, additional terrain types and resources, the simulation of roads and railways and a greatly extended editor with the ability to add in scripted Image and Sound events and much more.
If you enjoy the demo, go ahead and Order the full Expansion (or the Strategic Command 2 Bundle Pack) using the links to the left.
Note: The demo does NOT require that you already have Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg installedand licensed on your computer, but the full version does.