23rd November 2007
Saitek, a leading designer and manufacturer of consumer gaming products for PC, has announced the launch of its Cyborg Rumble Pad. The Cyborg Rumble Pad is a high end PC gamepad with a number of unique features that allow users to fully personalise and customise the controls to improve their gaming experience.
The Cyborg gamepad features the unique new Cyborg module, which can be unclipped from the pad and turned through 180 degrees to reverse the configuration of the left stick and d-pad. This dual configuration makes the gamepad perfect for both diehard PC gamers and those who’ve only recently come to PC games from consoles.
As well as the Cyborg module, the Cyborg Rumble pad features an FPS button which automatically sets up the pad's controls for typical commands found in most current FPS genre games, and the new Precision mode– a first in PC gamepad design. Precision Mode decreases the sensitivity of the pad’s left or right sticks to make aiming weapons easier and more accurate.
With its unique innovations and stylish design the new Cyborg Rumble pad takes gaming performance to new levels, improving control, heightening the senses and helping gamers realise their true potential.
Saitek’s new Cyborg range is designed specifically for serious gamers who demand the best equipment to help them win. Enthusiastic gamers will play intensely for long periods of time and need peripherals that not only offer outstanding comfort, but high precision and absolute control.
Cyborg Rumble Pad - Fast facts:
· Cyborg Module - A unique adjustable module that can be turned through 180 degrees, reversing the left stick and d-pad to suit gamers who prefer PC- or console-style pad configurations.
· FPS Button - This instantly programmes the pad with the keyboard and mouse commands often used in first person shooter games.
· Precision Button– The gamer can configure any button on the gamepad to engage Precision Mode. Precision Mode allows the gamer to select a button(s) or stick(s) on the pad which, when activated, will decrease the sensitivity of the Cyborg Rumble pad’s left or right sticks - useful when trying to aim a very sensitive rifle with a telescopic sight over long ranges.
· X-Mode– Checking a box in the game controller settings changes the pad’s mode from Classic to X Mode. In the default Classic mode, the two shoulder buttons act as buttons, and the triggers act as buttons or axes. In X mode, the two shoulder buttons continue to act as buttons but the two triggers now function only as analogue axes, allowing the trigger to control a range of movements. This mode emulates the set-up of XBox™ controllers.
The controller setup includes:
- <*>2 quick fire triggers*> <*>2 analogue triggers*> <*>8 way d-pad*> <*>6 responsive buttons*> <*>2 analogue joysticks*>
The Cyborg Rumble pad is fully programmable with SST programming software, making it suitable for any game genre.
Notes to Editor:
Saitek’s Cyborg Rumble pad is available from www.Saitek.com priced£24.99.
Saitek’s new range of gaming and PC peripherals will all be released in the UK between November 2007 and February 2008.
Saitek designs and manufactures consumer electronics products which work together to improve the user’s multimedia, gaming and communications experiences. Constant innovation, superior technology and a high degree of functionality make Saitek products the choice of computer users around the world.
The Saitek product range today includes mice, keyboards, headsets, PC gaming controllers, as well as other PC peripherals. The latest addition is a new family of innovative and practical audio products designed to improve users’ digital entertainment experiences.
For more information, images and review samples please contact:
Stephen Denton / Matt King
T: +44 (0)1225 731388
M: +44 (0) 7973 210515