Haarlem, The Netherlands– June 21, 2007– Today leading publisher Lighthouse Interactive released 6 new screenshots from AVENCAST: Rise of the Mage, their upcoming Action/RPG game for PC CD-ROM. The images display various combat scenes against ferocious fantasy based enemies including: Legionnaires, Crystal Scorpions, and enormous killer Crabs.
What's unique about AVENCAST: Rise of the Mage? It effectively balances both combat and non-combat interactions for a perfect combination of both brains and brawn. By drawing from player-skilled action games like shooters and beat-em-ups, and combining those elements with the game mechanics of an RPG, Avencast offers players the excitement of crafting a powerful character, but also requires them to bring their own skills to unleash their hero's potential. The game will bring a refreshing new approach to the present action RPG genre given its combat system that favors skillful gameplay over dull mouse clicking. But, Avencast is not only about combat. There are strong adventure elements involving numerous perilous quests, scouring vast environments for powerful items, solving riddles, and engaging with various NPC's to advance the compelling story.
The player begins their journey as an adept attending the renowned magic academy– Avencast– a place of learning in a world of wizardry, wonder and untold mystery. As an apprentice, the player is expected to complete a number of diverse quests to hone their skills in potions, spell casting, weaponry, and melee combat. As the story unravels, your character's purpose becomes clear–
things at the academy are not as they appear and when Avencast is descended upon by demonic hordes the very survival of his world is at stake. Armed with over 60 different combat moves and spells, and over one hundred different equipment items plus variations, the player must fight various nightmarish creatures and transcend dimensions into the past. The intriguing plot thickens revealing treachery, deceit, the tragic destiny of a forgotten people, and an astonishing truth that will forever change the battle scarred Wizard.
• Many hours of exciting gameplay set in diverse worlds
• Over 30 Fantasy Based Monsters with Advanced A.I.– Each with their own combat strategies, attacks, and defensive moves, their reactions are dependant upon the player's behavior, attack strategy, and even health
• Strong Player Personification– In third person view, the character's appearance changes as they acquire new equipment, armor, and weapons
• State-of-the-art 3D Engine not only allows for a fluid combat system but also generates special lighting and shadowing effects for a fully engaging experience. Players are immersed into ominous settings like dark dungeons with looming pillars and large corridors; creatures are more imposing with their highly detailed silhouettes
• Learn Special Moves from Different Skill Trees– Blood Magic (elementally charged blows with varying speeds, ranges, and damage properties) and Soul Magic (covers all kinds of ranged magic spells allowing better area control)– both allow players to summon reinforcements during combat
• An RPG by mechanics, but also a game that can be enjoyed by a broad range of players– RPG, Action, and Adventure
Click on the link below to download these 6 never-before-seen screenshots.
ClockStone Software GmbH is an up-and-coming Austrian company specialized in developing games and multimedia applications for the PC. Located in the beautiful town of Innsbruck, Austria, their growing team of artists, programmers, and game designers together with numerous freelancing partners seeks to create innovative, state-of-the-art software and graphics at the highest level. Please visit www.clockstone.com.
About Lighthouse Interactive
Lighthouse Interactive is a leading publisher of interactive entertainment with offices in The Netherlands, Canada and England. Founded in 2005 by industry veterans, the company has quickly grown into a worldwide publisher with publishing operations on both the European and North American continents. With a drive for gaming that equals that of their target audience, Lighthouse has proven to have an eye for quality games in all sorts of genres, from adventure to shooters and from simulation to strategy. In 2007/2008, Lighthouse anticipates a further increase in activities, doubling up its number of releases for PC Windows to well over 10 in each market, as well as moving into console gaming. By backing its franchises all the way, Lighthouse has shown it is the right alternative for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience.
Public Relations Manager
Tel: +31 23 540 9449