This Release's Tags
Apple, Cell phones, Mobile, Mobile gaming, Wireless, board game, fantasy, iOS, iPad, iPad App, iPad Games, iPhone, iPhone App, iPhone Games, multiplayer
Plano, Texas - December 21, 2011
Robot Entertainment today announced the launch of their first mobile title, Hero Academy, a head-to-head multiplayer tactics game. Gamers choose a team to battle their friends with unique, customization armies. The game features a variety of playable units, offering a wide range of magical attacks and abilities. Players must choose the best time to strategically upgrade units in order to conquer their enemies. Hero Academy is a free download, available today for iOS devices.
Hero Academy utilizes asynchronous multiplayer, so a player may battle friends across multiple simultaneous games, whenever they have a few moments of free time. Push notifications alert players to select moves from a range of options, like advancing across the game board, attacking, defending, or adding powerful items to the fray. Once satisfied with their armies' five moves, gamers submit their orders or add a silly animated taunt. The game features a built-in chat system so adversaries can talk smack or simply stay in touch with each other. The first player to destroy their opponent’s crystals is declared the winner, but not before a heated tug-of-war - will you focus your attacks on teh crystal or spread your fire across the heads of your enemies? The game launches with the noble Council as a playable army, with more heroic teams, avatars and add-ons will be available via in-app purchase.
Hero Academy features:
• Multiplayer Tactics Gaming on the Go – Challenge friends to one-on-one battles via online multiplayer.
• Asynchronous Strategy – Play a heated bout in twenty minutes or across a full day, whenever you have a few moments.
• Quick to Learn – Casual players can attack without mercy, while tatical gamers will love the strategic cat-and-mouse gameplay.
• Heroic Visuals – Colorful fantasy graphics highlight each character and the board’s premium tiles.
• Vicious Variety – Each team has five unique units with different strengths and magical abilities. Two teams to start, with more coming soon.
This title marks Robot Entertainment's first foray into mobile game development, having become previously known for their titles Orcs Must Die! and Age of Empires Online.
For more information, visit:
• Website: HeroAcademyApp.com
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/HeroAcademyApp
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/HeroAcademy
• YouTube: www.youtube.com/RobotEnterteinment
About Robot Entertainment
Based in Plano, Texas, Robot Entertainment is a world-class independent game development studio owned and operated by many of the founders of Ensemble Studios. With a team that has proven experience and expertise in creating games that appeal to massive audiences, Robot Entertainment is focused on titles that set new standards for their respective genres as well as groundbreaking original Intellectual Properties. Their output includes the Age of Empires series and Halo Wars for Xbox 360. The studio recently launched Orcs Must Die!, a white-knuckle blend of action and tower defense.
Rich Jones, TriplePoint for Robot Entertainment