Los Angeles, CA – March 28, 2012 – Seismic Games today launched CelebrityMe, a first-of-its-kind aspirational, character-driven social game that invites players to live out their ultimate fantasies of celebrity lifestyle, fame and fortune online, and share the experience and excitement with their friends. CelebrityMe, available now on Facebook ( http://apps.facebook.com/celebrity_me/), is Seismic Games’ first social games release following its studio announcement.
Set in the glitz and glamour of the entertainment capital of the world, CelebrityMe starts players at the pinnacle of their careers as they arrive at the premiere of their first major Hollywood blockbuster movie. Flashing back to how it all started, players are then transported to the streets of Venice Beach where they must learn the ropes and work their way up to stardom by picking out the hottest clothes, partying with the rich and famous, avoiding scandals, and ultimately taking center stage. CelebrityMe focuses on a character-driven narrative, inviting players to customize their celebrity via thousands of potential combinations of hair styles, facial features, clothing and accessory choices. Fun, interactive activities and video adventures let players create in-game movies with their friends that can be shared online, and help to get players one step closer to rock star status or movie star fame.
“Facebook is all about expressing who you are to the world. CelebrityMe takes it one step further by tapping into players’ real world interests and dreams and delivers on the fantasy of living the celebrity lifestyle,” said Greg Borrud, CEO of Seismic Games. “ CelebrityMe gives players the tools to express not only who they are, but who they want to be, and lets them live out and share these fun aspirations with all their Facebook friends.”
CelebrityMe key features:
- Create Your Celebrity – Players can customize everything about their celebrity alter-ego from the stage name they choose, to their hairstyle, down to the shoes they wear. Dressing the part for everything from auditions to nightclubbing is an important step to becoming a star.
- Find Your Calling – Players choose a celebrity career path with a focus on Hollywood, music or the socialite lifestyle, and can even go for it all to become the envious triple threat.
- Become a Star – For the first time ever in a social game, players can create in-game animated movies, TV shows, and music videos starring themselves and their friends.
- Build Your Entourage – Each animated performance, or ‘Gig’, lets players cast their real-world Facebook friends to fill the character roles, be it a love interest or villain. Acting as casting agent, producer, director, stylist and star, players can change each element of the ‘Gig’ as many times as desired to achieve better reviews.
- Share the Love - Each fully-customized ‘Gig’ can be shared on the player’s Facebook timeline or sent to friends for a fun, interactive, user-generated experience.
“With CelebrityMe we’ve created an entirely new experience for a social game that provides a deep connection to the character, endless customization opportunities, real-time content integration and never before seen in-game user-generated content creation,” said Eric ‘Giz’ Gewirtz, chief creative officer of Seismic Games. “ CelebrityMe’s ‘Gig’ system, featuring animated performances, is a revolutionary approach to gaming that offers players a completely new and exciting way to play games and interact with friends online.”
Announced in January 2012, Seismic Games is led by an executive team with more than 50 years of combined experience launching globally successful video games franchises, including titles such as Star Wars Battlefront, F.E.A.R. and Mercenaries at companies including Pandemic Studios, Vivendi Universal and Activision. Seismic Games is backed by DFJ Frontier, venture capitalist Tom Matlack and more than a dozen individual investors with deep ties to the entertainment industry.
For more information about CelebrityMe and Seismic Games, visit: www.facebook.com/seismicgames, http://apps.facebook.com/celebrity_me/ and follow the company on Twitter: www.twitter.com/seismicgames and www.twitter.com/celebrityme.
About Seismic Games
Seismic Games is a Los Angeles-based games studio dedicated to creating high-quality, next generation, character-based social games franchises across digital platforms. The company’s first social game, CelebrityMe, lets players live out their ultimate celebrity lifestyle fantasies online. The company is led by seasoned game industry executives with experience from Pandemic Studios, Activision and Vivendi Universal. For more information visit: www.seismicgames.com.