-‘Soul of the Ultimate Nation’ beta testing begins in October 14th 2009
- The commercial service will commence at the end of October
(October 14, 2009) WEBZEN Inc. (NASDAQ: WZEN), a developer and publisher of‘MU Online’ which boasted over 45million players all around the world has released plans to globally publish its MMORPG title‘Soul of the Ultimate Nation(S.U.N)’.
The company announced that the beta testing period of‘S.U.N’ will be held for 3 days starting on Wednesday, October 14th, 2009. Furthermore, WEBZEN plans to commercially launch the game at the end of October 2009.
‘S.U.N’ is a fantasy-based massive multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) showcasing splendid graphics, strategic battle zone systems and storytelling quests which has been successfully operating in Asia for the last 4 years. First appearing in Korea in 2006,‘S.U.N’ is now distributed in China, Japan, Taiwan and it made its way to North America and England.
“‘S.U.N’ draws attention from gamers all around the world and it is one of the premier online game titles. We are happy to finally release the game to users in the new territory. The game graphics as good as console, I believe we can satisfy the eager anticipation of game players.”, said Chang Keun Kim, the chief executive officer of WEBZEN.
‘Global S.U.N’ will be serviced worldwide except for the already established regions such as East Asia, North America, and England. Players can participate by downloading the game client through the official website ( http://sunonline.webzen.com) and encouraged to take an active role in both playing the game and community activities to be eligible to receive cash item. To welcome all beta testers, WEBZEN has prepared free virtual items allowing each participant to better experience the game.
More details on‘Global S.U.N’ are available at WEBZEN’s official website, www.webzen.com.
About WEBZEN Inc,
Founded in 2000 and based in Seoul, South Korea, WEBZEN Inc. (KOSDAQ and NASDAQ: WZEN) has become a leader in the MMOG market and has developed some of the world’s top online game and client/server technologies. WEBZEN is continuing the tradition of MU Online, which boasts more than 56 million registered users, with Soul of the Ultimate Nation: World Edition, Huxley: the Dystopia and an array of exciting game titles slated for release in the world’s game market. For more information on the company and its products, please visit WWW.WEBZEN.COM.
1) About WEBZEN.COM Service
WEBZEN.COM is WEBZEN’s game portal intended for taking a role of‘Global Digital Entertainment Leader’ with its sole objective of becoming the comprehensive game service portal for all the game players around the world.
- The portal, WWW.WEBZEN.COM opened on April 2009
- Started Global MU open beta test in May 2009
- Started Global MU commercial service in June 2009
- Started Global Archlord Service in September 2009
2) About Global MU Online
- Global MU Online server opened on October 13th, 2003
- The License Agreement signed with K2 Network in 2005 to transfer the global publishing rights.
- Global MU Online starts global service on October 21st, 2009.
- Global MU Online commenced commercial service on October 26th, 2009.
3) About Global Archlord
- Launched in Korea, January 2006 through NHN Inc.
- Launched in China, June 2006 through SHANDA
- Launched in Japan, October 2007 through NHN JAPAN
- Started Global ArchlordService in September 2009
4) About Global‘Soul of the Ultimate Nation (SUN)’
- Launched in Korea, November 2006.
- Launched in Taiwan, April 2007 Webzen Taiwan.
- Launched in China, May 2007 through The9.
- Launched in Japan, April 2008 through GameOn.
- Global Service Teaser-site launched in September 2009.
- Plans to start global service in October
Manager / Public Relation Team
+82-2-3498-1622 / +82-11-9714-5086
Assistant Manager / Public Relation Team
+82-2-3498-1617 / +82-10-9084-4888