Haarlem, The Netherlands – 28 June 2012 – Today, Iceberg Interactive announces that the 3D space shooter SOL: Exodus Collector’s Edition has been shipped to retail stores in the United Kingdom. The retail version of SOL: Exodus ‘Collector’s Edition’ is available from tomorrow Friday 29 June 2012. Iceberg is also simultaneously releasing the game on a multitude of digital portals.
Sol: Exodus ‘Collector’s Edition’ will include an exclusive new game mode, a luxurious art book, the official soundtrack, a detailed manual to quench your thirst for space-knowledge and, last-but-not-least, a free STEAM key for the base game.
Accompanying this press release is the official pack shot of SOL: Exodus ‘Collector's Edition’.
You can download the pack shot here.
Review copies have become available for members of the press who would like to review the game. These can be requested via email@example.com.
About SOL: Exodus ‘Collector's Edition’
SOL: Exodus is a 3D space-action game that leverages the power of the Unreal Engine™ to deliver epic space battle featuring enormous capital ships, hordes of spacecraft, and beautifully rendered planetary battlegrounds in an action packed, cinematic presentation reminiscent of TV shows and movies.
In the world of SOL , 500 years in the future, the Earth that we know and love has been ruined by centuries of war, neglect and abuse, and humanity has left it behind as they colonized the solar system. Their thirst for conflict, however, followed them. It was only once scientists realized the sun was dying that man finally learned to work together. And work together they did - to form the United Colonies of Sol(UCS) and its UCS-1 Mission; the last hope for mankind.
- Take part in intense action-packed, cinematic-style events as you pilot multi-purpose tactical fighters in single player mode
- Join a breakaway resistance group fighting for the survival of the human race
- Battle enemy forces across famous landmarks in our Solar System, from the rings of Saturn to Pluto, Neptune and Titan
- Supercharge your spacecraft with a complement of weapons including the all-powerful MAG cannon
- Employ a unique hacking technique to breach and take over the systems of massive warships
- Spot the nods towards your favorite TV shows and movies
- Enjoy gameplay staples of the genre such as dogfighting, engaging giant capital ships, protecting and rescuing friendlies
- SOL: Exodus is the very first game to utilize the RealD™ 3D technology, literally bringing another dimension to the space combat experience.
What the press says about SOL: Exodus
It's a superlative amount of content and refinement compared to
many so-called "triple-A" productions that sell for six times that
amount. Anyone looking for a good space dogfight should feel
obliged to give it a try. (Destructoid – 80%)
A solid, if bite-sized, space combat game that revitalizes a
defunct genre with excellent flight combat... (The Escapist –
- SOL: Exodus is a triumph for indie games everywhere, and is living proof that Space Combat games belong in today's world . (MMGN – 80%)
Iceberg Interactive is an independent videogame publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans. Iceberg operates in the vibrant European games market through retail publishing and worldwide via direct relationships with dozens of digital download portals. With a distinct focus on the genres of simulations, adventure, strategy and MMO/action games, Iceberg has successfully released digital hits in European retail, such as Killing Floor, Wings of Prey & APB Reloaded – but is also known to back indie developers in getting their games into both the retail and digital space.
Read more about the company and its games at http://www.iceberg-interactive.com.
About Seamless Entertainment
Seamless Entertainment, Inc. (SEI) is an independent game developer located in Austin, TX. A wholly-owned subsidiary of Black Lantern Holdings, Inc., SEI is committed to developing engaging, high-quality games for consoles and PC. Formed in 2008, the studio has steadily built its experience and reputation by delivering high quality products to spec for publishers such as Tecmo, Activision, and WB Games, and has just completed its first original IP, SOL: Exodus .
For more information on SOL: Exodus , please visit http://www.seamlessent.com.
Don't just play, play it cool!