FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
COLUMBIA, SC– SpeedTree® v4.2, launched today in a mature beta version for immediate evaluation and licensing, offers several new options for real-time game and application developers who want to use real-time’s most popular foliage solution.
“We've given artists a powerful new tool in the SpeedTree modeling process,” said IDV CEO Chris King.“Now they can preview vast forests of their creations right from the editor in a high performance rendering environment that supports local wind, 360 degree billboards, advanced lighting and other features.”
SpeedTree 4.2 delivers:
• Forest Preview. Create a tree in SpeedTreeCAD and then view it instantly as part of a forest in the SpeedTree reference application. This feature allows artists to quickly get a feel for how their trees will look and perform with other trees, without leaving SpeedTreeCAD.
• Local Wind. The SpeedTreeRT Reference Application now demonstrates full run-time local wind capabilities. Forests can be affected by multiple local wind sources to simulate explosions and other localized events even more realistically.
• COLLADA and OBJ Mesh Export. For situations where mesh formats are required, SpeedTreeCAD now enables mesh export that captures SpeedTree's normals, binormals, tangents, and wind weights as well as the standard geometric features (vertices, texture coordinates, etc.).
• Updated Tree Library with 20+ New Species. The huge and varied SpeedTree library grows to 216 species in 4.2, with all models now containing height maps for all bark textures. See the tree library at www.speedtree.com/tree_browser/index.php.
SpeedTree v4.2 is available today in a near-final beta version on PC and next-gen consoles. Fill out and fax IDV the trial form at www.speedtree.com to take a look at this new release.
SpeedTreeRT, winner of the 2005 Front Line Award for middleware, delivers highly realistic trees and plants, with adjustable wind effects, user-configurable and seamless LOD transitions, and an included library of hundreds of tree, plant and marine models representing more than 200 species. SpeedTreeRT includes SpeedTreeCAD, a Windows application used to create and edit animated trees in real-time.
Interactive Data Visualization, Inc. (IDV) develops software products with a focus on real-time three dimensional applications for the game development, visual simulation, engineering visualization, and animation industries. IDV, a privately held corporation, was founded in 1999 in Columbia, South Carolina. For more information about IDV, visit www.idvinc.com.
- 30 -
June 18, 2008 Kevin Meredith
(803) 356-1999 | email@example.com