This Release's Tags
Casual games, Mobile, Mobile gaming, android, iOS, iPad, iPad Games, iPhone, iPhone Games, puzzle, puzzle gaming
Stockholm, Sweden - September 2, 2011
Sprinkle, the water splashing and fire fighting game from Swedish mobile developer Mediocre, has sold over 100,000 copies in less than one week. Since launching to both critical and community acclaim on August 25, Mediocre’s debut game for iOS and Tegra-powered Android devices has also achieved Top 5 Paid Apps status in 52 nations around the world. If you haven’t played Sprinkle yet – what are you waiting for?! The puzzler, which showcases some of the most realistic water physics ever seen on a touch device, is available to download for $0.99 on iOS devices and $1.49 on Tegra Android devices.
“We’re thrilled to have created something that so many people are now enjoying. After months of development it’s fantastic to finally see Sprinkle released and thriving,” said Dennis Gustafsson, cofounder of Mediocre. “The early success of Sprinkle reinforces our belief that mobile gamers will enjoy the experience we created and will encourage us to continue to develop new levels and updates to meet the requests of our fans.”
In this addictive puzzle game, players must use a water cannon mounted on a crane to douse fires that threaten to burn the villages of Titan’s little blue alien inhabitants. Players must make adjust the cannons height and angle in real-time, move obstacles, spin water wheels, and more in order to get the water flowing where it needs to be – all while dealing with time and water limits. With 46 levels to tackle, and more to come in future updates, Sprinkle is an addictive puzzler that will keep you dousing fires for days.
Key highlights of Sprinkle include:
• Amazing water physics – Some of the most realistic water physics ever seen on a touch device make Sprinkle an exciting and addicting puzzler.
• Brain-teasing puzzles – What starts as simply pointing and spraying to quench each fire becomes much more challenging, as players must overcome the intricacies of each puzzle before time and water run out.
• Blocks, boulders, and cogs oh my – Use the power of your water cannon to move blocks of ice and boulders of rock, spin giant cogs, and depress traps in order to reach and put out every last fire.
The inhabitants of Titan, a moon of Saturn, once lead simple and peaceful lives. That all changed when reckless space tourists from Earth crashed through Saturn’s rings, causing a fiery storm of asteroids to rain down on the Titans. One brave Titan, Ouie, has built a massive water cannon to combat the fires – but he needs your help to man the cannon!
Download Sprinkle today on the App Store and Android Market:
• iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sprinkle-water-splashing-fire/id447791438?ls=1&mt=8
• Tegra-powered Android devices: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.mediocre.sprinkle
Check out the gameplay trailer today at www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO1lAEHW7sY. For more information please visit http://www.sprinklegame.com. You can also download the source file for the trailer at www.triplepointpr.com/dl/mediocre/Sprinkle_launch_trailer.m4v.zip (15 MB).
Join the conversation:
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sprinklegame
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/sprinklegame
Mediocre is a newly formed independent games studio based in Sweden that focuses on creating non-violent mobile games for broad audiences. The staff at Mediocre combines for over 20 years of game and web design experience, with significant expertise in the area of physics simulation. Founded in 2011 by Dennis Gustafsson and Henrik Johansson, the studio’s first title, Sprinkle, combines fluid simulation with brain-tingling puzzles. For more information please visit http://www.mediocre.se/.
Andrew Karl, Triplepoint PR for Mediocre