Connect Rotating Blocks, Compete for High Scores, and
Build Levels in this New 3D Puzzler
LOS ANGELES (November 21, 2012) - Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announced that its newest mobile title Motley Blocks ™, a colorful, fast-paced 3D-puzzler, is now available for iPhone®, iPad®, and Android devices through the iTunes® and Google Play app stores.
Motley Blocks is an innovative 3D puzzle game that challenges players to connect blocks of the same color as they rotate in a cyclonic pattern. By connecting all the blocks before the rotations run out, players reveal a fun and vibrant hidden image. The longer the chains of blocks, the higher the point value and overall score. As the game progresses, each level becomes increasingly more challenging, requiring players to not only use their brains and reflexes, but also the in-game power-ups to solve puzzles.
In addition to puzzle solving, Motley Blocks features a unique in-game level editor, allowing users to develop their own masterpieces using hundreds of colorful blocks. Once created, players can share their "works of art" with friends -- creating an unending flow of new challenges.
Motley Blocks' features include:
- Calm A Whirlwind of Color - Match and link chains of blocks to beat the puzzle, all while earning the maximum number of gold coins and attempting to top the leaderboards. With a limited number of rotations per game, players will need to stay focused as they match multiple blocks in a row to reveal the hidden image.
- Improve Scores With Power-Ups - Enlist a quirky set of Motley Blocks power-ups: Boomer blasts away blocks, Goldie turns blocks into gold for more points, and Jorge doubles the value of the chain. Encounter a puzzle that's too difficult? The Motley Blocks are on your side!
- Top the Leaderboards to Earn Weekly Rewards - With leaderboards resetting on a weekly basis, players compete on a global level for the highest score. Top-ranking players across all official levels will receive bonus coins. Come back every day for a chance to get the highest score on the Daily Challenge!
- Sculpt Vibrant Images & Put Them in Rotation - Using the game's intuitive level creator, players can choose from hundreds of colorful blocks to create their own images and challenge friends. The most popular puzzles have a chance to become official Motley Blocks levels!
- Brace Yourself for Cyclones of Fun - This first-of-its-kind social game fosters creativity and competition, allowing players to share their creations and high scores on Facebook. Players garner votes for original levels and also receive updates if they lose their global standings on the leaderboards.
iTunes Basic Version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/motley-blocks-free/id556959763?ls=1&mt=8
iTunes Premium Version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/motley-blocks/id534767083?ls=1&mt=8
Official Product Page: http://na.square-enix.com/motleyblocks ;
Official Facebook® page: http://www.facebook.com/MotleyBlocks
We are an innovative developer of social mobile games and mobile entertainment content. With over 14 years of proven experience as a game studio, we deliver the most memorable and highest quality experiences possible for our worldwide publishing partners and customers. We design games that stun, surprise, and drive players back, time and again, to each brainchild we release. We have created over 800 titles since our inception. World-renowned media and entertainment giants turn to Sarbakan for its unique and insanely creative approach to creating original IPs and delivering WFH projects. Sarbakan is strategically located in Quebec, QC, Canada, central to both the European and North American markets. For more information, www.sarbakan.com.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix Group. The Square Enix Group operates a global network of leading development studios and boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property, including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 100 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 59 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 35 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at: http://na.square-enix.com. ??
MOTLEY BLOCKS © 2012 Square Enix, Inc. All Rights Reserved. MOTLEY BLOCKS, the MOTLEY BLOCKS logo, SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo, EIDOS, TAITO, FINAL FANTASY, TOMB RAIDER, DRAGON QUEST, SPACE INAVDERS are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix Group. Apple, iPhone, iPad, and iTunes Store are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
# # #