London (22nd August, 2007)– Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, will have an array of exciting titles from the company’s growing range of software on display at Games Convention 2007 (GC 2007) to be held August 22-26 at the Leipzig Messe, Hall 4, Stand F31. Amongst the games featured, three titles; VALKYRIE PROFILE® 2: SILMERIA, HEROES of MANA™ and FINAL FANTASY TACTICS®: THE WAR OF THE LIONS™ will be receiving their European debuts at the show.
“Square Enix’s GC line-up is our most varied ever,” said John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd.,“Our releases throughout 2007 and the forthcoming trio of titles for autumn show Square Enix’s continued commitment to European gamers and our growing range of thrilling entertainment experiences.”
Following is a list of entertainment products Square Enix will have on display:
PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system
VALKYRIE PROFILE2 SILMERIA
An epic tale of love, obsession and divine vengeance begins…
• Witness state-of-the-art 3D graphics, including next-gen lighting and visual effects, in a stunning RPG world.
• Defeat enemies with innovative action combat– use multi-character combos to unleash devastating special attacks.
• Turn foes to crystal and switch places with them to discover hidden areas and treasure.
• Defy the gods using the special abilities of the battle maiden within your soul.
PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS
From the creative minds behind FINAL FANTASY® XII. Use good strategy to achieve great victory and save the kingdom of Ivalice from the clutches of war.
• Strategic, turn-based battles are brought to life with stunning graphics, music and animation.
• Uncover the truth in a gripping tale of intrigue, betrayal and heroism.
• Near-endless customisation– over 400 abilities and 22 jobs including the Dark Knight.
• Recruit legendary characters including Balthier from FINAL FANTASY XII!
• Challenge your friends in wireless battles, or team up for co-op missions!
VALKYRIE PROFILE®: LENNETH
CONTROL THE FATES OF GODS AND MORTALS
As a Valkyrie of Norse legend, you must collect the souls of fallen warriors and prepare them to fight in the ultimate battle between the gods.
• Stunning all-new CG cinematics
• A story of mythic proportions
• Devastating combination attacks
• Simultaneous 4-character control
Nintendo DS™ System
HEROES of MANA
Take command on the battlefield to save the world of MANA
Whilst investigating rumours of an impending invasion, you discover that you are the unwitting agent of a plot for world domination. Forced to choose between country and conscience, you must embark upon a mission to prevent war!
• Experience unique Real-Time Strategy from Square Enix!
• Take control of the battlefield with the Touch Screen.
• Stunning graphics and sound bring the world of MANA to life!
• See where you stand with the Heroes Ranking (via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection).
FINAL FANTASY III
A FANTASY REBORN.
As their world descends into darkness, four young heroes are chosen to bear the burden of its fading hope...
Available for the first time in Europe, classic FINAL FANTASY gameplay meets sparkling visuals to provide a wholly new experience!
• Explore the possibilities of the genre-defining job system to assist the Warriors of the Light in their quest to save the world from darkness.
• Unlock hidden challenges by using the Mognet to communicate with your friends via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
• Befriend a variety of allies on your journey to gain local knowledge and support in battle.
• Bring balance to the world, and herald a new Fantasy!
FINAL FANTASY® FABLES: CHOCOBO TALES
JOIN THE CHOCOBOS ON AN INCREDIBLE JOURNEY THROUGH THE WORLD OF FAIRY TALES!
Our feathered friends are in trouble and need your help solving the mysteries of the storybooks!
Push, pull, pirouette and poke your way to victory in over 40 fun-packed minigames!
Collect duel cards featuring your favourite FINAL FANTASY monsters.
Defeat the villains and save the day– with a great KWEH!
FINAL FANTASY XI
Three powerful nations rally their troops against the beastmen in a desperate bid for survival. Now, brave adventurers like you are Vana’diel®’s only hope!
Create an alter ego and forge alliances with players from around the globe. Exhilarating quests and an epic storyline await you in Square Enix’s premiere online role-playing game. Join hundreds of thousands of adventurers and steer the course of Vana’diel’s history!
The new Starter Pack includes one easy-to-install DVD containing:
• The original, award-winning online role-playing game
• Free 30-day subscription to play FINAL FANTASY XI
• TETRA MASTER online card game from FINAL FANTASY IX
About Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix) with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises– FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 75 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUEST® which has sold over 43 million units worldwide– under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.
About Square Enix Ltd.
Located in London, Square Enix Ltd. handles operations in Europe and other PAL territories including sales, marketing and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com
DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS, HEROES of MANA, LENNETH, SILMERIA, THE WAR OF THE LIONS, VALKYRIE PROFILE, Vana’diel, SQUARE ENIX, and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. in United Kingdom and/or other countries. NINTENDO DS IS A TRADEMARK OF NINTENDO.“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Square Enix Limited is a company registered in England&Wales under the number 3679704 whose registered office is Castle House, 37-45 Paul Street, London EC2A 4LS.