Vancouver, BC, Jan 25th, 2012 -- Cryptstone Games announces the release of it's new strategy game Star Prospector for PC, now available on Impulse / GameStop for $19.99 USD.
Star Prospector is a single-player PC strategy game set in a future science fiction universe. Mixing elements of real-time strategy and role-playing game genres, Star Prospector provides a new & unique gaming experience. Take on the role of a prospector, a one-person mining, salvage, combat and construction unit. Choose from a variety of mission types on remote planets across the galaxy in search of resources, technology, and adventure.
"Star Prospector was designed with single-player in mind from the start. There are many great multiplayer RTS games available, but I also enjoy single player games and I wanted to create an RTS that incorporated my favourite features from RPG games like loot drops, inventory, experience, and skill points, to create something unique."
- Mark McGrevy, Founder of Cryptstone Games
100 random missions:
- 100 randomly generated and story centric missions
- Using a random seed, Star Prospector creates a unique galaxy with every new player profile
- The game offers a number of diverse mission types to complete across multiple environments, resulting in a wide variety of gameplay scenarios.
An RTS game with RPG elements:
- Earn experience, skill points, and credits from missions to purchase units, upgrades, and weapons
- Manage your units and resources. Gain combat experience and level-up your units within each mission. Upgrade unit shields, armor, damage, and other attributes
- Collect loot from enemies and use your rig to salvage wreckage for unique items
- Outfit your Rig with a vast array of weapons, modules, and items to boost your stats.
Player driven experience:
- Complete player driven experience where you choose how and where to spend your resources, and employ your own unique strategy for success in missions
Supported OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2) or Windows 7
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent, 2.0GHz processor or better
RAM: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 1 GB available
Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible with shader model 2.0 or
higher, 256 MB of VRAM; NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT, ATI Radeon HD 3450, or greater
The Star Prospector press kit can be downloaded here:
Company site: http://www.cryptstone.com
About Cryptstone Games
Cryptstone Games Incorporated is a small independent game development studio, founded in 2005 by Mark McGrevy, based in Vancouver BC.
After creating a custom game engine, Cryptstone Games spent more than
3 years developing Star Prospector.