Malaria is a preventable and treatable disease that affects half of the world’s population and claims 781,000 lives every year, most of those are children in Africa.
Share Swat the Mozzy with your friends! Prizes up for grabs for the swiftest swatter include a range of signed memorabilia by British tennis star Andy Murray and Queen of the Jungle Stacey Solomon’s hat from when she was swatting away bugs on I’m A celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! last year.
Get swatting! malarianomore.org.uk/swat-the-mozzy
Did you know?
· Malaria kills 781,000 people each year, affecting almost half the world’s population, over 90% of those are in Africa.
· Malaria is a preventable and treatable disease that claims the life of a child every 45 seconds.
· On average there are nine deaths from malaria in the UK every year
· Every year on average 1,900 Brits return to the UK with malaria
· Insecticidal bed nets can reduce malaria deaths in children by one fifth (20%) and episodes of malaria by half (50%).
The prizes in detail
· Signed tennis balls from Andy Murray (X4)
· Signed Andy Murray autobiography (X1)
· Signed photographs of Andy Murray (X1)
· Malaria No More UK T-Shirt signed by Andy Murray (X1)
· Signed jungle hat from Stacey Solomon (X1)
About Malaria No More
Malaria No More UK is an innovative charity and part of a global movement to reach near zero deaths from malaria by 2015. Malaria No More UK saves lives through high-impact awareness and fundraising campaigns and by making strategic investments in Africa where over 90% of all malaria deaths occur. www.malarianomore.org.uk
In 2010, Malaria No More UK helped protect over two million people from malaria in Africa as well as influencing the coalition government to place malaria at the top of its international development agenda.