FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Minneapolis, MN – September 29, 2011 - Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) is pleased to announce that it’s giving would-be hunters and videogame fans around the country a chance to win a $50,000 jackpot with its latest game, Cabela’s Big Game Hunter 2012, which is out now in stores!
Signing up will be a cinch when players get their hands on the game. Included with every new game will be a registration code. To qualify, players must use their skills and search for a hidden “Golden Buck” located somewhere in the game’s story mode. Once found, players have to take a picture of themselves in front of their TV with their face and the Golden Buck clearly visible. Finally, players will fill out an entry form online and upload the photo with their registration code on facebook.com/activisionhunts. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contest starts 9/27/11 and ends 10/25/11. The winner will be announced 11/1/11. Full rules and details are located below.
In Cabela’s Big Game Hunter 2012 , players will explore a large amount of diverse terrain with unprecedented freedom of direction. For example, players can climb an area to get a better angle for a shot but risk being spotted, or they can take a low elevation route with poor visibility but plenty of concealment. The challenge doesn’t end there, as the game ups the ante with the most realistic animals ever seen in the Cabela’s series as every animal’s unique movement gives clues on what it will do next. In order to bag the biggest trophies, players must avoid detection and master advanced shooting techniques such as accounting for wind direction and bullet drop.
Cabela’s Big Game Hunter 2012 will be available on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™ system from Nintendo, on September 27, 2011. The game will be bundled with the innovative Top Shot Elite wireless controller on Xbox 360 and PS3 and a peripheral on Wii which can also be purchased separately. The game is rated T for Teen by the ESRB. For more information please visit ActivisionHunts.com, and follow on Twitter and Facebook - @ActivisionHunts – Facebook.com/ActivisionHunts.
Cabela’s Incorporated, headquartered in Sidney, Nebraska, is a leading specialty retailer, and the world’s largest direct marketer, of hunting, fishing, camping and related outdoor merchandise. Since the Company’s founding in 1961, Cabela’s has grown to become one of the most well-known outdoor recreation brands in the world, and has long been recognized as the World’s Foremost Outfitter?. Through Cabela’s growing number of retail stores and its well-established direct business, it offers a wide and distinctive selection of high-quality outdoor products at competitive prices while providing superior customer service. Cabela’s also issues the Cabela’s CLUB? Visa credit card, which serves as its primary customer loyalty rewards program. Cabela’s stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CAB.”
About Activision Publishing, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products. Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, South Korea, China and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company’s website, www.activision.com.
Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. "PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Wii is a trademark of Nintendo.
For Information, Contact:
Activision Value Publishing, Inc.
Golden Buck Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
THIS PROMOTION IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH OR ADMINISTERED BY FACEBOOK IN ANY WAY.
1. Promotion Period: The Activision Value Publishing, Inc. Golden Buck Sweepstakes (the “Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Tuesday, September 27, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 (“Promotion Period”). The computer of Big Prize Giveaways, LLC (the “Administrator”) is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
2. How To Enter: THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING . THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. During the Promotion Period, you may submit an application (“Application”) to enter the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes in one of two ways. An Application by either method will have identical odds of winning. Neither method will have preference over the other method in determining the winner of the Sweepstakes.
a. You may enter by mailing a hand-written Application on a piece of paper (not smaller than 3” x 5” and not larger than 8½” x 11”) through the United States Postal Service, first-class postage pre-paid, addressed to Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes, c/o Big Prize Giveaways, PO Box 5963, Columbia, South Carolina 29205. A hand-written Application must be received at that address not later than the close of the Promotion Period. Application by hand-written mailing is not complete until received at that address. The Administrator will have the sole responsibility to determine whether a hand-written mailing entry is timely received; and neither the Administrator nor Activision Value Publishing, Inc. (the “Sponsor” or “Activision”) nor Cabela’s Incorporated nor any other person shall have any responsibility for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected mailings, which will be disqualified. Each such hand-written mailing Application must include ( hand-printed, not typed or computer-generated ) the following:
i. the name of this Sweepstakes (that name being “The Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes;
ii. the name, mailing address, and telephone number of the entrant (and, if you wish to include it, your e-mail address – e-mail address is not required); and
iii. the signature of the entrant.
b. You may enter while playing Activision’s “Cabela’s Big Game Hunter 2012” video game (the “Game”) by following the instructions provided with each copy of that game. Those rules require that you:
i. Find the image of the golden buck while in Story Mode of the Game.
ii. Take a picture of yourself in front of the monitor or screen on which that image appears. Both your face and the image of the golden buck should be clearly visible in the photograph;
iii. Complete the entry form and upload the photograph and sweepstakes registration code (provided with each copy of the Game) at http://www.facebook.com/activisionhunts prior to the close of the Promotion Period. Each entry code may be used only once. If more than one entry uses the same entry code, all entries using that code will be disqualified. It is the entrant’s responsibility to make sure that the entry code is correctly entered. In order to use this method of entry, you will have to have a Facebook account and you will have to be or become a “fan” of the official Activision Page ( http://www.facebook.com/activisionhunts)(also known as choosing to “like” the Page) during the Application process; you do not have to remain a “fan” after the Application process is completed.
Entry by either method constitutes your acknowledgement that you have had access to these Rules and that you agree to be bound by these Rules.
You may enter as often as you wish using either method. As stated above, multiple entries using the Game will require multiple entry codes. Applications by either method must be received by the Administrator by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday, October 25, 2011, to be eligible. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and may result in disqualification. Because any eligible person can enter through the alternative mail-in method of entry, there is no required charge or purchase for entering other than the cost of a postcard and postage. An entry by either method will have the same chance of winning as an entry by the other method.
3. Random Selection: There will only be one (1) winner (“Prize Winner”) of the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes. The Prize Winner will be selected by a random automated drawing at 9:00:01 a.m. on Tuesday, November 1, 2011 from among all properly submitted eligible entries received. The random automated drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, which is an independent sweepstakes/promotion administrator organization, at its office in Columbia, South Carolina USA. The decisions of the Administrator and the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes. The person who submitted the selected Application will be a potential winner (“Potential Winner”).
4. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. There will be only one (1) Grand Prize Winner. Many will enter; only one will win. An entry by either method will have the same chance of winning as an entry by the other method.
6. Prizes: There will be one (1) Grand Prize consisting of Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000), paid as a check payable to the order of the Grand Prize Winner. The value of the Grand Prize is Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000).
7. Prize Restrictions: All applicable federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. There can be no transfer of the Grand Prize.
8. Eligibility: The Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age as of their date of entry. THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING . THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Employees of the Sponsor, Cabela’s Incorporated, or the Administrator and any of their affiliate, parent or subsidiary companies, and advertising and promotion agencies, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to the Administrator’s and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes. Winning the Grand Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
9. General Rules:
a. Verification and Notification of Prize Winner: The Potential Winner (and, if the first Potential Winner fails to qualify, each subsequent Potential Winner) is subject to verification by the Administrator, and must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each Potential Winner (first name, last initial, city and state of address only) will be posted on the following web page: http://www.bigprize.com/winners_list. Also, within twenty-four (24) hours after the random automated drawing, the Administrator will attempt to contact each Potential Winner by e-mail at the Potential Winner’s e-mail address of record with the Administrator if there is one, and the Administrator will attempt to contact each Potential Winner by telephone at the Potential Winner’s telephone of record with the Administrator if there is one. Each Potential Winner must respond in the manner stated on that website address and in that e-mail and telephone contact, within ninety-six (96) hours of the random automated drawing. BECAUSE THE E-MAIL ADDRESS OR TELEPHONE NUMBER THAT A POTENTIAL WINNER HAS PROVIDED TO THE ADMINISTRATOR MAY NOT BE FUNCTIONING AT THE TIME THE ADMINISTRATOR ATTEMPTS TO CONTACT HIM/HER, EACH ENTRANT SHOULD CHECK THE WEBSITE ADDRESS ABOVE AFTER THE CONCLUSION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES TO SEE IF HE/SHE IS A POTENTIAL WINNER. After the Potential Winner and his/her eligibility have been verified to the satisfaction of the Administrator, the Potential Winner will become the validated Grand Prize Winner and the Sponsor will arrange the prize fulfillment within ten (10) days of such verification. If, however, a selected Potential Winner is determined to be ineligible by the Administrator and/or the Sponsor, or fails to respond within the required time periods, that Potential Winner forfeits the Grand Prize and is disqualified. In the event that a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, the Administrator will randomly select a different Potential Winner from all remaining eligible entries and repeat the notification and verification process outlined above. The Administrator will continue repeating that process as long as time permits, until a validated Grand Prize Winner is determined. BECAUSE OF THE POSSIBILITY THAT THERE MAY BE SUBSEQUENT RANDOM AUTOMATED DRAWINGS OF POTENTIAL WINNERS, IN ORDER TO DETERMINE THE VALIDATED GRAND PRIZE WINNER, YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO CHECK http://www.bigprize.com/winners_list UNTIL THE VALIDATED GRAND PRIZE WINNER IS CONFIRMED.
b. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes constitutes the Grand Prize Winner’s consent to use by the Administrator, the Sponsor and their agents of the Prize Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information, opinions, and/or hometown and state for purposes of advertising and trade without compensation or notice of any kind. Participation in the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes constitutes each participant’s consent to use his/her name and Application information in the administration of the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes and for marketing purposes in accordance with the Sponsor’s and the Administrator’s Privacy Policies.
c. Release: By entering this Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Cabela’s Incorporated, the Administrator and Facebook, Inc., along with their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of your participation in the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of the Grand Prize.
d. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone or other communication lines or wireless transmissions, or network hardware or software, or failed/incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, that may limit a user’s ability to participate; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of the Grand Prize. If for any reason your entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole remedy is to make another entry in the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes; and if that is not possible due to conclusion or discontinuance of the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes for any reason, you will have no further remedy for such deleted, lost, destroyed or corrupted entry.
e. Disputes – Governing Law & Venue: You agree that: (i) you will be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Administrator and the Sponsor hereunder; (ii) the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes is conducted in English (which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning); (iii) all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of you, the Administrator and the Sponsor in connection with the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California; (iv) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the awarding of the Grand Prize, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate California State Court located in Los Angeles, California; (v) to the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes, you agree to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and waive any right of change of venue, forum non conveniens or like right; (vi) you will bring any action regarding the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes individually (not as part of a class action); (vii) your recovery shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in participating in the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes (if any) and waive any and all other damages (including but not limited to compensatory, punitive, consequential or incidental damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased) as well as any right to attorneys’ fees. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE FINAL CLAUSE OF THE PRECEDING SENTENCE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
f. Termination or Disqualification: The Administrator and/or the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Administrator’s and/or Sponsor’s control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by the Administrator and/or Sponsor in their sole discretion. In such case the Administrator shall select the Potential Winner from all eligible entries received prior to the action taken. And, notice of such action by the Sponsor and the Administrator will be posted on http://www.bigprize.com/fans/contests and/or on the Activision Page. The Administrator and/or Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion administered by the Administrator or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Administrator and the Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Administrator’s and/or Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Administrator and/or Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Applications, which will be disqualified. Each Potential Winner may be required to show proof of identity. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Prize Winner, the Administrator will gather proof of identity from the disputing parties and will solely be responsible for choosing the winner and such decision by the Administrator shall be final and binding.
10. Winner: For the first name, last initial, city and state/province/country of each Potential Winner and of the validated Grand Prize Winner, available after Tuesday, November 1, 2011, visit the Fan tab on the Activision Page or http://www.bigprize.com/winners_list. For the names of the Prize Winners, available after Tuesday, November 1, 2011, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by December 31, 2011, to: Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes Winners, c/o Big Prize Giveaways, PO Box 5963, Columbia, South Carolina 29205. Vermont residents may exclude return postage.
11. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes is Activision Value Publishing, Inc., 7800 Equitable Dr. Ste 200, Eden Prairie, MN 55344. The Administrator of the Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes is Big Prize Giveaways, LLC (PO Box 5963, Columbia, South Carolina 29205 USA. The Activision Golden Buck Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc.
© 2011 Big Prize Giveaways, LLC. All rights reserved.