WHAT: Sony Online Entertainment today announced the release of thesecondepisode of new content for the critically acclaimed action MMO DC Universe™ Online (DCUO) Heads or Tales . Arriving shortly after launch and a robust content addition in February, Heads or Tales features Gotham City District Attorney turned crime boss Harvey Dent/Two Face, and delivers new game play content suited for players of all levels and criminal persuasions including new missions, raids, and encounters. Players will also be able to explore the darker side of Batman when he is infected with a virus and teams up with DCUO’s most formidable boss, Brainiac’s Avatar of Technology.
Available for the PC and the PlayStation ®3 computer entertainment system, DC Universe Online allows players to step into the DC Universe™, create their own super hero or villain and join forces to fight alongside or against their favorite DC icons. The Heads or Tales content will be available as a free update for all active DC Universe Online accounts.
The new content update for DCUO includes:
BATCAVE PART 3
- <*> Batcave 3 Raid: Level 30 players are brought face-to-face with
The Dark Knight himself. Unfortunately, he’s been infected with a virus and has teamed up with the all-powerful Brainiac’s Avatar of Technology .*>
INTRODUCTION TO TWO-FACE
· Two-Face Instance: Following Harvey Dent / Two-Face on a mission into Penguin’s hideout, players will aim to take out his latest smuggling operation. The kicker? You don’t know if he will help or hinder your efforts– the chances are 50/50 and everything depends on the flip of a coin!
· Legends PvP: Two-Face/Harvey Dent will be added as a playable character in Legends“Play as Iconic” PvP mode.
· New Attacks: Call in your own mob of goons to keep your opponent occupied as you unleash a suppressive bullet spray, oil drum trap or grenade launcher.
· Flip-of-the-Coin Abilities: Switch powers based on which side the coin lands: the Two-Face side deals more damage and DoT attacks and the Harvey Dent side gives more control, knockdowns and stuns.
· Mister Mxyzptlk : Experience Metropolis transformed by the presence of Mr. Mxyzptlk and his fellow 5th dimensional supervillain tricksters.
· Multi Player Race: Players can assume the guise of a 5th Dimensional Denizen and play tricks on fellow races over the skies of Metropolis.
· New Gold Collections: New encounters with 5th Dimensional Denizens dressed as Leprechauns guarding a Pot Of Gold that players will need to find and collect coins from while the Leprechauns try to stop them in various amusing ways.
WHEN: Players worldwide can experiencethe second DC Universe Online game update on April 5.
For more information about DC Universe Online, visit www.DCUniverseOnline.com.
For press assets, including box art, trailers and screenshots, visit: http://bhimpact.gamespress.com/product_page.asp?i=903.
About DC Universe Online
Lex Luthor has traveled back through time with news of a dire future: While the heroes and villains spent years battling amongst themselves, Brainiac has been feeding on their powers, building strength to return to Earth and destroy humanity. To change the future, Lex has come back to set off a device that bestows super powers to thousands of every-day citizens and give humanity a fighting chance. Can Brainiac be stopped, or is this another nefarious Lex Luthor plot?
For the first time, players and fans will be able to enter the DC Universe as an active force for good or evil. A massively multiplayer experience, DC Universe Online delivers unparalleled high-energy, physics-powered combat that brings the player's extraordinary powers to life.
DC Universe Online was created in the artistic vision of legendary comic book artist Jim Lee, and set within a world created by famous DC writers including Geoff Johns and Marv Wolfman.
Rated T for Teen with Mild Blood, Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes and Violence, DC Universe Online is available for PC and PlayStation 3 for the suggested retail prices of $49.99 and $59.99, respectively. The game includes one 30-day game membership, with monthly subscriptions available thereafter for $14.99. For players of the PC version of the game, DCUO will be included in SOE’s all-in-one Station Access subscription.
About Sony Online Entertainment
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers around the globe. SOE creates, develops and provides compelling entertainment for the personal computer, online game console and wireless devices. Known for its blockbuster franchises and hit titles including EverQuest ®, EverQuest ® II, Champions of Norrath ®,Untold Legends™, PlanetSide ®, and the recently launched DC Universe Online™, as well as the recent kids’ phenomenons Free Realms® and Clone Wars Adventures™ , SOE continues to redefine the business of online gaming and the creation of active player communities. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with additional development studios in Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, Denver, CO, and Tucson, AZ, SOE has an array of cutting-edge games in development across various platforms and genres for audiences of all ages.
SOE, the SOE logo, EverQuest, Free Realms, Champions of Norrath and PlanetSide are registered trademarks and Untold Legends is a trademark of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
About Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, is a premier worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future platforms, including console, handheld and PC-based gaming for both internal and third party game titles.
About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to such iconic DC Comics properties as Superman, Batman, Green Lantern , Wonder Woman , The Flash, MAD Magazine, and Fables, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its superheroic characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, and interactive games. Publishing over 1,000 comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Comics is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world.