System 3 today announced the development of SuperCar Challenge for the PlayStation 3, a high-octane racing game featuring both arcade and simulation tarmac thrills.
Building on the critically acclaimed Ferrari Challenge racing simulation engine, SuperCar Challenge heralds the addition of the sexiest supercars on the planet while improving on its spiritual prequel in every way.
Over 40 cars will be available to throw around the most celebrated corners on the racing calendar. Experience the thrills and spills that come with harnessing the full grunt of an Aston Martin DB9, the Lamborghini Murcielago RGT, the McLaren F1 and many more! Of course, the game caters for the Ferrari fans too with a selection of favourites making the cut from 2008’s Ferrari Challenge.
More than 20 tracks will also be available, with old favourites such as Silverstone and Spa mixed in with the joys of N¸rbergring. More new tracks will be announced over the coming months.
Eyes Wide Shut
Players young and old, veteran or novice will be able to enjoy the look and feel of a real supercar thanks to brand new additions to the handling modes, with the ultimate aim being to graduate players through to full simulation handling.
Assist Mode– race with all the assists switched onto full. An amazing way to learn how to drive a supercar and learn the track, but also just great fun. Tear around a track without fear of screwing things up because you forgot to brake at just the right time. This makes the game accessible to so many more people and will even see your gran cruising around Silverstone on a Sunday afternoon with a smile on her face!
Arcade– the power of a supercar with forgiving handling and more powerful brakes. Performance off road will be less but nowhere near as much as in Simulation mode. Braking into corners and accelerating out of corners is far more straightforward and there’s no need to worry about spinning out all the time. You can REALLY throw your car around a corner and have fun whilst doing it. Don’t forget though– your opponents will be just as aggressive!
Simulation– the critically acclaimed handling returns. Drop your concentration for one second and it could mean you’re out of the race! For the hardcore simulation fans only, albeit with the option to change any of the assist settings.
Gimme A Break!
Your opponents’ artificial intelligence has also been completely rewritten with a brand new Dynamic AI setting allowing the game to change the challenge you receive based on how well or badly your career is going. Of course, if you fancy a real challenge you can always set the AI to Legendary… strap yourselves in tightly though because it won’t be an easy ride! (pto)
SuperCar Challenge– The Facts
- Over 40 different cars ranging from the Lamborghini Murcielago RGT, to the Aston Martin DB9, to the McLaren F1, to our previous favourite the Ferrari FXX.
- Over 20 tracks, from favourites such as Silverstone and Nurburgring to less well known greats such as Mugello Italy.
- Trophy mode, Career mode (more details to be announced soon), Arcade mode, Quick Race and 16-player online/LAN multiplayer.
- Ferrari Challenge’s praised livery creation tool has been taken and improved considerably.
- Dynamic AI: rival drivers will get better or worse depending on how you race so you’ll always have a decent challenge going on around you. Of course, should you wish to have consistent AI you can switch this mode off.
- Graphical overhaul: in terms of textures, poly counts, scenery, backdrops, particle effects and (perhaps most importantly) framerate, everything has been improved.
- Improved sound: every engine rev, screech and impact has been tirelessly recorded and re-recorded on the field. Voiceovers and commentary from Tiff Needell!
Format: PS3 (platform exclusive)
Publisher: System 3 Software Ltd
LAN&Online Release: Spring 2009
About System 3
Formed in 1982 System 3 is globally renowned for heartwarming entertainment experiences that formed the very foundations of the modern videogames we know and love today.
From the behemoth that was The Last Ninja, to the platforming brilliance of MYTH: History In The Making, to the legendary status of International Karate and the joyous simplicity of Putty Squad, System 3 has been responsible for some of the greatest videogames of the past 27 years.
System 3 is currently building towards the release of Williams Pinball Classics (PSP, PS2, Wii), PowerPlay Pool (DS) and SuperCar Challenge (PS3) in Q1 2009.
For all System 3 press assets please go to:
For all System 3 PR and marketing enquiries please contact:
Chandra Nair– Brand Manager
T: +44 (0) 207 491 4441
UK-based games developer Eutechnyx employs over 80 full time programmers, artists, animators and games designers at its offices in the north east of England, as well as a further 28 staff in the Hong Kong office.
Its driving and racing game technology is respected throughout the gaming industry. Eutechnyx has particular expertise in high level mathematics and physics, essential in recreating the complex dynamics of vehicle movement.
For all Eutechnyx info and enquiries please go to: