SAN DIEGO and SAN FRANCISCO – December 13, 2010– Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) and LucasArts, a division of Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd., in collaboration with TransGaming, Inc. (TSX-V: TNG), today announced that Star Wars ® : Clone Wars Adventures TM , a free-to-play family-friendly online virtual world, is now available for Macintosh ® Platform users at www.CloneWarsAdventures.com. Clone Wars Adventures is an action-packed browser-based virtual world where fans can live out the thrills and excitement of Star Wars ® : The Clone Wars TM animated TV series on Cartoon Network.
“The demand for game content on the Mac platform has increased significantly, and we are excited to bring our games to this growing audience,” said John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment.“Through our collaboration with TransGaming, Mac and PC players are able to play together seamlessly on both Free Realms TM and now Clone Wars Adventures, and we will continue to look for opportunities with future games to do the same.”
Clone Wars Adventures is the ultimate virtual destination for fans of the TV series where players go online to experience fun mini-games, daily activities, events, rewards, lively social environments, and competitions. Players can battle alongside their favorite Star Wars characters like Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi. It is updated every week with new content pulled from that week’s new episode.
In addition to weekly updates in Clone Wars Adventures, Mac players who log in today will experience the Star Wars holiday season: the Orto Plutonia for Life Day, which brings a host of holiday decorations to the virtual world. Players can collect Life Day Orbs from around the Jedi Temple for rewards or wear Life Day Robes and collect presents from the Gifting Tree. Clone Trooper nutcrackers, Clone Snowtrooper outfits, Droid garland and many more festive items will also be available for purchase in the Marketplace.
Star Wars: Clone War Adventures offers a number of additional features, including:
• Extending the Fantasy: Kids no longer have to wait until the next episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated TV series to continue exploring and enjoying the Star Wars ® universe. With Clone Wars Adventures, kids can go online to experience exciting thrills as they duel iconic adversaries with their own custom Lightsaber, speed through the galaxy in a Starfighter, defeat enemies and take down starships.
• Free Play or Upgrades: Clone Wars Adventures is a free-to-play game, but players who want to take the galactic action to the next level can purchase a monthly Jedi Membership subscription for $5.99. Players can also purchase cool Star Wars universe items from within the game through micro-transactions using Station Cash TM , SOE’s virtual currency.
• Minigames and More: From Droid Programming to Speeder Bike Racing, Clone Wars Adventures puts players in the driver’s seat as they experience epic action in immersive mini-games that take them to favorite locations in the Star Wars galaxy. In the game, players can become the proud owner of a tricked-out Droid pet or even throw a party in their player house.
• Fun With Friends: Whether players are on adventures with old friends or competing for leaderboard status with new ones, Clone Wars Adventures is a lively virtual world that connects players in fun and safe ways. Players can show off achievements in their Trophy Room, use safe chat and emoticons to express themselves and celebrate in-world events with the entire galaxy.
• Kid-Friendly: Parental controls allow for the customization of safety options, including pre-canned chat and playtime settings for younger players.
• Retail Package: The Clone Wars Adventures Galactic Passport is now available at retail locations in North America and will include a 90-day Jedi Membership subscription, 500 Station Cash, the ability to unlock the Togruta playable character, a Yoda monitor topper, and more.
Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures is rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and up, with content descriptors for Crude Humor and Fantasy Violence. To play Clone Wars Adventures, visit: http://www.CloneWarsAdventures.com.
Press Assets: http://www.soepress.com/product.asp?s=95
Follow Clone Wars Adventures on Facebook ® : http://www.facebook.com/CloneWarsAdventures
About Sony Online Entertainment
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers around the globe. SOE creates, develops and provides compelling entertainment for the personal computer, online game console and wireless devices. Known for its blockbuster franchises and hit titles, including EverQuest ® , EverQuest ® II, Champions of Norrath ® , Untold Legends TM , PlanetSide ® , and Star Wars Galaxies, as well as the recent kids’ phenomenon Free Realms TM , SOE continues to redefine the business of online gaming and the creation of active player communities while introducing new genres on all entertainment platforms. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with additional development studios in Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, Denver, CO, and Tucson, AZ, SOE has an array of cutting-edge games in development across various platforms and genres for audiences of all ages.
LucasArts, a Lucasfilm Ltd. company, is a leading developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software worldwide for video game console systems, computers and the Internet. Based in San Francisco, Calif., as well as on the Internet at www.lucasarts.com, LucasArts was created in 1982 by George Lucas to provide an interactive element to his vision of a state-of-the-art, multifaceted entertainment company.
LucasArts and the LucasArts logo are registered trademarks of Lucasfilm Ltd. SOE and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment LLC.© 2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd.& ® or TM as indicated. All rights reserved.
About TransGaming, Inc.
TransGaming, Inc. (TSX-V: TNG), is a leader in the development of unique software products that facilitate the deployment and distribution of games across multiple platforms. TransGaming's portability technologies significantly reduce the time-to-market for and costs associated with multi-platform releases of games. TransGaming works with many of the industry's leading developers and publishers to enable and distribute their games for the Mac and Linux/CE platforms, and currently markets products under: Cider (Mac Gaming Technology), GameTree (Game Publishing&Distribution Platforms), Cedega (Linux Gaming Technology), and SwiftShader (Graphics Rendering). TransGaming is headquartered in Toronto, Canada, maintains an R&D center in Ottawa, Canada, and has a new subsidiary– TransGaming Digital Home in Atlanta, GA. To learn more about TransGaming visit www.transgaming.com.