SANTA MONICA, Calif.—(November 6, 2007)— The Game Factory today announced the release of Build-A-Bear Workshop, its first simulation videogame for Nintendo DS. The Build-A-Bear Workshop Mission is to bring the teddy bear to life, which brings to mind warm thoughts about childhood, about friendship, about trust and comfort, and also about love. Build-A-Bear Workshop for Nintendo DS was developed by Neko Entertainment, is rated E for everyone and is available now for a suggested retail price of $29.99.
Build-A-Bear Workshop for Nintendo DS is a new, fun kind of relationship simulation game, which takes into account the player through each furry friend’s evolution and enhances the player’s fun factor. Build-A-Bear Workshop furry friends, graphical universe and lifestyles are respectfully adapted and enhanced by this new addition to the gaming world.
Game features include:
• Create and customize your very own furry friend in the beginning of the game. Pick the furry friend you want to play with, stuff it, give it a special heart and whisper a wish in its ear. Stitch it together, fluff it, name it, dress it and take it home to its special house that you get to color.
• Eight different furry friends are available to customize: Dimples Teddy, Mocha Bunny, Pink Poodle, Playful Puppy, Velvet Teddy, Friendly Frog, Marvelous Monkey and Sassy Kitty.
• Your furry friend’s home is the interface itself, containing six different areas, each hosting 2 to 4 unique activities including food preparation, dance education, playground, tooth brushing, shopping and dressing up for a full photo session!
• Play 4 fun mini games, both single and wireless multiplayer.
• Trade clothing, accessories and pictures with your friends using the wireless connection!
• Use the Nintendo DSTM microphone for whispering a wish and use the stylus for direct physical contact with your new furry friend!
About THE GAME FACTORY
The Game Factory, trading as The American Game Factory, Inc in North America, is an international publisher of video and computer games based on leading international children’s characters. It is a subsidiary of the K.E. Mathiasen Group A/S, the largest Nordic company within children's licenses and spanning many different product categories such as: Apparel, toys, candy, home furnishing and games. For more corporate and product information, please visit www.gamefactorygames.com
About Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc.
Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc., is the only global company that offers an interactive make-your-own stuffed animal retail-entertainment experience. Founded in St. Louis in 1997, the company currently operates more than 300 stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland and France. The addition of franchise stores in Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia make Build-A-Bear Workshop the leader in interactive retail. In November 2004, the company expanded the make-your-own concept from stuffed animals to dolls with the opening of its first friends 2B made® stores, where Guests can make their own doll friends. In April 2006, Build-A-Bear Workshop acquired The Bear Factory Limited and Amsbra, Ltd. adding company-owned stores in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE: BBW) posted total revenue of $437 million in fiscal 2006. For more information, call 888.560.BEAR (2327) or visit the company’s award-winning Web sites at www.buildabear.com and www.friends2bmade.com.
THE GAME FACTORY