FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MOUNT ROYAL, NJ - June 18, 2007 - The International Game Developers Association (IGDA) welcomed Chris Charla, Jennifer MacLean and Coray Seifert as its newest Board members, announced Executive Director Jason Della Rocca. The trio was appointed, along with Bob Bates, who returns for another term on the Board. The IGDA has also appointed new officers for the 2007-08 term.
Industry veteran Mitzi McGilvray, VP Casual Games at TikGames, was appointed as the new Chairperson. Bob Bates was appointed Secretary, and Tobi Saulnier will serve as Treasurer.
"This is an exciting time as the IGDA continues to grow and expand," said McGilvray. "Deepening our commitment to advancing the careers and enhancing the lives of game developers will be my driving focus. I am honored to lead the IGDA's Board of Directors for the coming year," she added.
IGDA's complete list of 2007-08 Directors:
- Bob Bates (Secretary)
- Tom Buscaglia - Attorney, T.H. Buscaglia&Associates
- Michael Capps - President, Epic Games
- Chris Charla - Director of Business Development, Foundation 9 Entertainment
- Chris Crowell - Creative Director, Artificial Mind&Movement
- Jason Della Rocca - Executive Director, IGDA
- John Feil - Designer, Snowblind Studios
- Jennifer MacLean - VP and GM, Games, Comcast Interactive Media
- Mitzi McGilvray (Chairperson) - VP Casual Games, TikGames
- Brian Reynolds (Chair Emeritus) - President, Big Huge Games
- Tobi Saulnier (Treasurer) - CEO, 1st Playable Productions
- Coray Seifert - Associate Producer, THQ Inc. / Kaos Studios
Visit www.igda.org for more information on the IGDA Board of Directors and all IGDA programs.
About the International Game Developers Association (IGDA)
The International Game Developers Association is a non-profit professional society that is committed to advancing the careers and enhancing the lives of game developers by connecting members with their peers, promoting professional development, and advocating on issues that affect the developer community. For moreinformation on the IGDA, please visit www.igda.org.
Jason Della Rocca