Thursday 29 thSeptember 2011: Leading independent UK publisher Rising Star Games today confirmed THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII will be released in PAL on 25th November 2011. The thirteenth episode in the legendary series will be available to buy in all good games stores and online. Incentives are also available for those looking to get their order in early, with a four disc soundtrack from the entire series included with all pre-orders.
THE KING OF FIGHTERS is the flagship brand of legendary fighting game publisher-developer SNK PLAYMORE. The series is a dream festival of SNK's 2D fighting series and a household name in the genre. Hugely improved features include global online play with optimised netcode. There are now also over 30 characters to choose from, and fan favourite Mai returns. Vast improvements have been made to gameplay as well, with new NEO MAX super special moves, faster gameplay, and refined visuals & in-game camera (perspective).
Martin Defries, managing director Rising Star Games, said, “It’s incredibly exciting that we can confirm THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII will soon be available to PAL gamers. This latest instalment in the series has notable differences from the previous titles and is without a doubt one of the best fighting games that will come out this year.”
Key features of THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII
- The final chapter in the Ash Saga.
- Huge developments in global online play, vastly improved from previous editions of KOF. Play in matches to improve your ranking on the global leaderboards, friendly matches against friends or other players online.
- 30+ playable characters, including the return of Mai Shiranui and K’.
- Multiple endings depending on specific characters (teams).
- Un-lockable customisation options to make your fighter unique. Choose from over 20 colour types, parts and icons.
- Improved fighting mechanics, new NEO MAX super moves, faster gameplay and camera control.
- 9 game modes: Arcade, Story, Versus, Mission, Online and much more.
- Story mode features impressive 2D visual novel-style cut-scenes. Stories are branched by offering the player choices, leading to multiple ways to enjoy each narrative.
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII will be released in the PAL market 25 November 2011, courtesy of Rising Star Games www.risingstargames.com.
Sign up to Rising Star Game's Media Bank here: www.risingstargamesmediabank.com
For further information, screenshots and press samples (when available), please contact:
Harry Cole (Premier PR)
Yen Hau (Rising Star Games)
- END -
About Rising Star Games
Rising Star Games Limited is a video games publisher for Microsoft Xbox 360, Nintendo DS™ and Wii™, Sony PS3 and PSP™ in the PAL territory. A joint venture between Japanese video game publisher and content developer Intergrow Inc and long standing Nintendo Nordic distributor Bergsala AB, Rising Star Games is now in its seventh year of trading and has published more than 70 titles. For more information please go to www.risingstargames.com
Within Hoshi you will discover the rich and intricate tapestry of Japanese gaming. Explore the latest releases, catch up on the latest news, discover new worlds and new characters, and most importantly interact and share your experiences with like-minded fans from around the world.
Join us now and we will keep you exclusively up to date with news, competitions, and special offers: