EL SEGUNDO, Calif. – Oct. 3, 2012 – A new tide is rolling in today as Uncharted Waters Online , the historical massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG) for the PC, celebrates its second anniversary. To commemorate the milestone, publisher CJ Games Global is kicking off a month of in-game and out-of-game activities for new and current players alike. Everyone is invited to don a captain’s hat and join in the celebration by registering to play for free on the official Uncharted Waters Online site.
Anniversary festivities begin today and continue throughout October, and include:
- Premium Ticket Blast: All players who are logged into the game on Saturday, Oct. 6 at 4 p.m. PDT / 7 p.m. EDT will receive a Premium Ticket simply for being in the game at this special time. The Premium Ticket rewards the player with one of 15 possible covetous items, such as premium ships, weapons, armor and more. For the full list of possible rewards, please visit: http://uwo.netmarble.com/item/itemDetail.asp?idx=69
- Pumpkin Carving Contest: No celebration in October would be complete without a community pumpkin carving contest. Players are invited to submit a photo of their best seafaring-themed pumpkin on the Uncharted Waters Online website until Sunday, Oct. 14. Everyone is a winner: all participants will receive 5,000 NC (premium currency) and the most popular entries, as voted on by the community, will receive UWO sweatshirts and Special Packages
- Battle Campaign Madness Event: Players who live for massive naval battles can now seize their moment of glory. Starting on Monday, Oct. 15 and continuing through Saturday, Oct. 27, Uncharted Waters Online will feature massive multiplayer player-versus-player naval battles of more than 200 ships, with special rewards for the victors
- Weekly Boosts: Until Tuesday, Oct. 23, players will receive double the regular EXP, Skill and Quest Rewards
- Massive New Expansion, El Oriente: One of the biggest expansions to Uncharted Waters Online is scheduled to launch on Oct. 16, and will open up several East Asian countries to explore for the first time, including China, Taiwan, Japan and Korea
“It’s an exciting time right now for all players of Uncharted Waters Online given the anniversary celebrations kicking off today,” said Takeda Tomokazu, Director of Production, TECMO KOEI GAMES. “I would like to express my deepest appreciation to all of the players who have helped make Uncharted Waters Online such a success over the past two years, and with the El Oriente expansion on the horizon, there are even greater things ahead.”
Distributed by Netmarble, the game portal from CJ Games Global, and developed by TECMO KOEI GAMES, Uncharted Waters Online is set in the romantic Age of Exploration. Players can conquer hundreds of cities to help make their nation the world’s leading naval power. Sailors can choose to fly the flag of one of six nations, including England, the Dutch Republic, the Ancient Régime in France, the Spanish Empire, the Kingdom of Portugal and Republic of Venice.
Players can choose the path of a merchant, soldier or adventurer, with each path providing a distinct way to experience the game. With countless lands awaiting exploration and thousands of artifacts to discover, Uncharted Waters Online offers a level of content that can satisfy core and casual players alike.
For more information on Uncharted Waters Online anniversary events and to play the game for free, please visit: http://uwo.netmarble.com/
About CJ Games Global
Established in 2012, CJ Games Global is the U.S. subsidiary of CJ E&M Game Division. Supported by its development studios in Korea, CJ Games Global aims to publish online games for PC and mobile devices in North America, South America and Europe. The company services its players through its game portal, www.netmarble.com.
About TECMO KOEI GAMES
TECMO KOEI GAMES is a developer of interactive entertainment software for current generation consoles, handhelds, digital download content, as well as online and mobile games. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of TECMO KOEI HOLDINGS CO., LTD., headquartered in Yokohama, Japan. TECMO is best known for the Dead or Alive®, Ninja Gaiden®, Tecmo Bowl® and Fatal Frame® series. KOEI is best known for its Dynasty Warriors® and Samurai Warriors® franchises and online titles such as Uncharted Waters Online and Nobunaga's Ambition Online®.
# # #