New South Wales, Australia—Sept. 18, 2012—And now for something completely different: Runic Rumble —a wild, unpredictable fighting game where spells can be deadly. Runic Rumble can now be downloaded for $2.99, and it’s available for Android and iOS.
Players were first introduced to 2D fighting games in Capcom’s Street Fighter II: The World Warrior—and in 1993, Sega’s Virtua Fighter defined the modern 3D fighter. Now, Runic Rumble takes a new turn in the fighting genre with a 2.5D perspective, precise gesture-based controls, and Retina graphics filled with unbelievable particle effects—the likes of which players have never seen on mobile.
The game is set on the world of Ámorrá, a brand new universe concocted by Epiphany Games. In Ámorrá, some things are exactly as they seem . . . and others are anything but. Aki, a Shaman, is on a mission to become a Great Wizard. A mischievous little creature with a sharp mind (and even sharper tongue), Aki has just escaped the bonds of servitude. Short in stature and fearless, Aki will not stop until he unlocks new, ever-more-powerful spells and discovers the origins of his people.
One night, while creeping around an eerie, deserted campsite looking for food and maybe the odd trinket to pocket, Aki is accosted by a powerful and mysterious Entity. Enraged by Aki’s trespass, the Entity transports Aki to another dimension where he is forced to fight for the Entity’s entertainment. Will Aki be able to escape—or will the Entity enslave Aki’s soul forever?
- Experience stunning visuals and fast-paced gameplay
- Use intuitive gesture-based controls
- Choose from 24 Spells—each with their own unique draw pattern
- Battle through more than 22 campaign levels and four levels of Guided Training
- Defeat endless waves of opponents in the Challenge Arena to score powerful spells
- Learn new spell combinations in the Free Training mode
- Combat enemies ranging from Spell Casters to Walking Fiends
- Play on both smartphones and tablets
- Android: Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), OpenGL2, 512MB RAM
- iOS: iPad 2 and iPhone 4 (Retina-enabled)
Web (YouTube, 30 seconds) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVih7BzkHoU
Web (YouTube, 60 seconds) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipskzThAw30
About Epiphany Games
Founded in 2006 by a skilled team experienced in engine development, programming and game design, Epiphany Games is on a quest to become the best development house in Australia—and one of the best in the world.