Aistrike Eagles of World War II is an exciting, arcade style, flight combat game set in World War II. Players take part in a series of campaigns, each simulating a different sector of the war. Unlike other games, in Airstrike players don’t need to complete an entire mission to advance in the campaign. Success or failure, the war goes on!
The initial campaigns will allow gamers to control iconic aircraft of the USAAF. Free download campaigns will be released in the coming months, covering different theaters and other air forces, such as the RAF, Luftwaffe and the Soviet Air Force.
Each month players are given a selection of missions to play in different locations. By flying these missions, you will improve your Service Record, and earn promotion to higher Ranks. Total victory in a mission can earn prestigious Medals, but even partial success will help the war effort, provided you manage to damage or destroy enough enemy aircraft or facilities.
The game releases today, April 29th, exclusively on Slitherine's site.
• 3 Nonlinear Campaigns: over 45 missions including patrols, maneuvers, strategic bombing and air support
• Historically Themed Campaigns: fly in the battles that determined the outcome of the war
• Simple Controls: easily fly your aircraft with just a mouse and keyboard.
• Fly 5 USAAF planes: P-51, P-47, P-80, B-17&P-38
• Play Multiplayer with up to 8 players over a LAN (Local Area Network).