LONDON, - Sept 26th 2011 - UTV Ignition Games today released the first-ever trailer for Mercury Hg launching on 28th September for Arcade Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation ® Network.
Mercury Hg, the next step in the evolution of the Mercury series, presents addictive game play elements along with colourful and challenging settings. 60 new, vibrant, and expertly crafted levels expand the ambience and creativity that marked Mercury as an original title coming at a great price point to offer superb value.
Control the ”Mercury Blob” through a myriad of moving levels whilst staying clear of edges which will toss the blob into oblivion as you systemically endeavour to change the colour of the blob to sync and open pathways to progress. Floor tiles appear and disappear based on the blob’s location, backgrounds pulse in time to the music and surfaces change colour and use based on player interaction. Dangerous traps and inversed designs are all there to trick and confuse. All of this is seamlessly employed, delivering a relaxing yet very challenging gaming experience; all wrapped up in a user interface that echoes the minimalist ethic.
" Mercury Hg is a title that will attract all gamers with its broad appeal” says Vip Patel, Sales Director. “It’s a fun challenge that looks really cool, with endless replayability options and we are excited by the fact that this release will revitalize the Mercury brand’s popularity with a new generation of players, as well as existing fans of the franchise."
Features and in-game ideas include:
· All-devious new tile types: conveyors, doors, and moving platforms.
· Level sections offering ultra-slippery or ultra-sticky, spinners and switches, and teleporters and magnets add to the unique arcade puzzle action for which Mercury is famous.
· New level objects, such as Smartfloor, which only forms as you move towards it.
· Three bonus challenges per level that gauge your abilities: The amount of mercury to finish, the time to complete, AND the number of bonuses collected all come into play.
· Sixaxis™ controller support (accelerometer only).
· Animated reactive backgrounds and floors responding to music.
· New “Re-merge” button help feature reforms the blob with a magnet, but beware: there will be penalties for its use!
· Online leaderboard support. Replay sharing between friends and downloadable replays from the leaderboards, including ghosts of your friend’s best times.
DLC packs to be announced at a later date
RELEASE UK/EU Australia 28th September 2011
PlayStation®Network for - £3.99 / EU - 4.99 / Australia_NZ - 8.45 / USA - $4.99
Microsoft 400 Points
Pegi Rated 3
Derek Reeve /PR
Tele: 01795 435042