Marina Del Rey, Calif. - September 26, 2011 - UTV Ignition Games today released the first-ever trailer for Mercury Hg , launching September 27 on PlayStation ® Network and September 28 on : Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
In the trailer, viewers will see Mercury Hg in its best possible form - in motion! Watch as the star of the game, the Mercury 'blob,' makes its way through a myriad of moving levels based on the periodic table of elements. On the perilous journey from point A to point B in each level, the blob will encounter all kinds of devious traps and puzzles, some of which can be seen in the trailer, and some of which will totally surprise players when the game launches later this month!
In-game features include:
- More than 60 all-new levels, with additional DLC packs to be announced at a later date
- Devious new tile types: conveyors, doors, and moving platforms.
- Level sections offering ultra-slippery or ultra-sticky, spinners and switches, and teleporters and magnets add to the unique arcade puzzle action for which Mercury is famous.
- New level objects, such as Smartfloor, which only forms as you move towards it.
- Three bonus challenges per level that gauge your abilities: The amount of mercury to finish, the time to complete, AND the number of bonuses collected all come into play.
- Sixaxis™ controller support (accelerometer only).
- Animated reactive backgrounds and floors responding to music-perfect for custom soundtracks
- New "Re-merge" button help feature reforms the blob with a magnet, but beware: there will be penalties for its use!
- Online leaderboard support. Replay sharing between friends and downloadable replays from the leaderboards, including ghosts of your friend's best times.
Mercury Hg is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB, and will be available September 27 on the PlayStation®Network for $4.99. The title will launch on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 on September 28 th for 400 Microsoft Points.
About UTV Ignition Games Ltd.
UTV Ignition Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of UTV Software Communication Ltd, India's only global media and entertainment conglomerate. Founded in 2002 and headquartered in the U.K. with offices in Marina Del Rey, California, Austin, Texas and Tokyo, Japan. For more information on Ignition and its products, visit http://www.utvignition.com
About UTV Software Communications LTD:
UTV Software Communications Limited is India's leading global integrated media house with business interests in Television, Movies, Broadcasting, Games Content and New Media. UTV India & its subsidiaries (UTV) create, aggregate and disseminate content of various genres across varied distribution platforms. Listed on India's premier stock exchange, The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), Mumbai UTV is India's only diversified media and Entertainment Company with content creation abilities across platforms and genres. It has subsidiaries with offices across India, UK, USA and Japan. The Walt Disney Company holds a strategic stake in UTV.
Eiconic Games Limited was founded in the UK in 2006 by former core team members from Travellers Tales and Deep Red Games. The founders' vision was to build upon their successful product track record and 70+ years experience to develop new and exciting games for the mass market. Eiconic Games has developed its own independent multi-platform technology and has released several products both as boxed product and digital download across multiple platforms. Eiconic Games continues to build its reputation for production quality and cutting edge technology as well as being at the forefront of the growing digital download market. Eiconic Games is a privately owned company, based in the South East of England. For more information please visit www.eiconic.com.
Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox Live are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.