Redmond, WA (June 11, 2009)– Valcon Games, a video game publishing company that brings quality products to the North American market, announced today that its Nintendo DS™ game, HistoryGreat Empires: Rome, is shipping in North America. This classic turn-based strategy game is set in an epic historical era– the Roman Empire, where players take on the role of an Emperor. With 6 campaigns from the unification of Italy to the conquest of Britain, HistoryGreat Empires: Rome offers would-be conquerors action-packed tactical warfare, resource management, diplomacy, and mini-games. Players can match wits with Julius Caesar and Marcus Aurelius to build one of the greatest empires the world has ever seen.
“Valcon Games is pleased to be working with two great partners, HISTORY and Slitherine, on History Great Empires: Rome. Together, we are bringing to market every Nintendo DS™’ strategist’s dream– action, strategy and historical warfare,” said Glenn Halseth, co-founder of Valcon Games.
History Great Empires: Rome delivers the depth and replay value of a great strategy game, where each game provides a unique outcome based on the decisions of the player, the alliances they form and the enemies they engage in battle. Nintendo DS™ strategists must start by building their economies, armies and alliances before conquering the world. To help players on their conquest, the game’s key features include:
• Conquer neighboring tribes and city states, recruit and equip vast armies that comprise over 20 unit types, including legionnaires, archers and cavalry.
• Deploy your troops, then decide on battle formations, troop positions and tactics on huge detailed battlefields, where effective use of the terrain affects the outcome of battles.
• Maintain barracks, troop moral and defensive positions in and around your own cities to ward off would-be aggressors.
• Watch as the empire map displays the ever-shifting landscape of enemies, allies and possible strategic partners.
• Form alliances with other tribes and city states.
• Pay or force the payment of tribute from opponents.
• Declare war or offer peace.
• See AI opponents engage in diplomacy of their own.
• Construct and improve buildings to upgrade units and create resources for your expanding Empire.
• Build the economies and resource limitations of each tribe, city state and empire under your control.
• Assign workers to ensure a balance between troops, construction and food production.
• Build storage facilities to supply your armies, farms to produce food, shrines, coliseums and temples to maintain troop morale.
• Allocate resources based on the three essentials of the ancient world: wood, metal and food.
• Utilize over 100 buildings, each with their own impact on gameplay
• Add variety to gameplay, provide replayability and further immersion in this amazing era, by playing a range of mini games that help players explore the Roman Empire and sharpen their wits in a series of challenges. Great leaders know their enemy and are always prepared for battle.
• HISTORY™ Great Empires: Rome product page
• Valcon Games, LLC ( http://www.valcongames.com<http://www.valcongames.com> )
About Valcon games llc
Headquartered in Redmond, WA, Valcon Games LLC is a video game publishing company that delivers unique and creative software for the Nintendo DS, Wii, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable)system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Valcon Games approach to product is similar to that of the‘indie’ movie scene. With low overheads and an efficient publishing model, Valcon Games can help bring products to the U.S. market that might otherwise be overlooked. The company was co-founded by industry veterans Colin Gordon and Glenn Halseth. More company information can be found at www.valcongames.com<http://www.valcongames.com> .
Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.
Slitherine is a privately funded company operating in the entertainment business with a core mission to delivering history-based products to the widest possible audience. Slitherine’s main focus is publishing and developing videogame, however Slitherine is also involved with book publishing, internet, board games and a wide array of consultancies to third parties. Slitherine is at the forefront of delivering entertainment through history and history through entertainment. Founded by Wargaming world champions JD and Iain McNeil, the company works with key partners such as HISTORY™, MILITARY HISTORY™, Horrible Histories™, Osprey, Scholastic, Casemate Publishing and many others to deliver the best blend of historical accuracy in an exciting and entertaining way.
Internet site - www.slitherine.com
For Press Enquiry, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
About history™ and history hd™
HISTORY™ and HISTORY HD™ are the leading destinations for revealing, award-winning, original non-fiction series and event-driven specials that connect history with viewers in an informative, immersive and entertaining manner across multiple platforms. Programming covers a diverse variety of historical genres ranging from military history to contemporary history, technology to natural history, as well as science, archaeology and pop culture.
Internet site - http://www.history.com
For Press Enquiry, please contact: Kerri Tarmey - +1 212 551 1504 - Kerri.email@example.com