London (6th July 2007)– Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that VALKYRIE PROFILE® 2: SILMERIA will be released on 7th September 2007 exclusively for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.
VALKYRIE PROFILE 2: SILMERIA is a state-of-the-art RPG developed by tri-Ace Inc., the developers behind the STAR OCEAN® series. Beautifully crafted and boasting an innovative action-based approach to combat that allows you to team-up and co-ordinate your attacks with a friend, VALKYRIE PROFILE 2: SILMERIA follows the story of the beautiful princess Alicia. Possessed by the battle maiden Silmeria, Alicia is caught in the middle of a dramatic battle being fought by the Norse gods.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments,“tri-Ace have created a stunning game with VALKYRIE PROFILE 2: SILMERIA featuring spectacular graphics, exciting gameplay and a gripping story of high drama. We’re very excited to be bringing VALKYRIE PROFILE 2: SILMERIA to Europe and hope fans enjoy the action that awaits them.”
The valkyrie Silmeria once served Odin loyally, but after an incident ignited a conflict between them, Odin forcefully reincarnated her as a human. The human soul that would carry her spirit was that of Alicia, Princess of Dipan. Ordinarily, Silmeria's consciousness would have been sealed, her spirit dormant until she was next summoned.
However, the forced transmigration causes Silmeria's spirit to awaken within Alicia, leaving two souls to inhabit a single body. The spirit that should have been sealed has awakened— a situation Odin will not ignore for long.
• Classic VALKYRIE PROFILE gameplay updated with a state-of-the-art 3D rendering system that produces amazingly crafted environments that push the PlayStation®2 system
• Puzzle-solving using the Photon Action System, an enhanced evolution of the popular crystal system– freeze enemies and swap positions to reach new areas
• Simultaneous multi-character combat places the controls of four separate characters at your fingertips– perform advanced combos and tandem maneuvers with dazzling results
• Team-up and co-ordinate your attacks with a friend (requires second controller)
• A gripping tale of abandonment, loneliness and revenge crafted by the masterful storytellers at tri-Ace Inc.
• Lush environments are enhanced by an advanced physics and lighting system, enabling a new level of brilliant and lifelike surroundings
About Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix) with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises– FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 75 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUEST® which has sold over 43 million units worldwide– under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.
About Square Enix Ltd.
Located in London, Square Enix Ltd. handles operations in Europe and other PAL territories including sales, marketing and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com
DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, SILMERIA, STAR OCEAN, VALKYRIE PROFILE, SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. in United Kingdom and/or other countries.“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Square Enix Limited is a company registered in England&Wales under the number 3679704 whose registered office is Castle House, 37-45 Paul Street, London EC2A 4LS.