November 14, 2012
Gdynia, Poland – November 15, 2012. Very Nice Studio is proud to announce a new and improved iOS (iPad/iPhone) version of Word Hex – the fast-paced, highly addictive word search game!
V.2 includes the same great features that have made Word Hex one of the most popular iOS/Android word search games: simple “slide-and-play” format, gigantic (aka “ Scrabble-sized”) dictionary, two engaging game modes, a wide variety of Game Center achievements and of course, Hexie the Witch – plus several brand-new elements guaranteed to extend your coffee break an extra five minutes and have you muttering words like “onomatopoeia” in your sleep.
According to Krzysztof Hrynkiewicz, Very Nice Studio’s CEO, the decision to upgrade Word Hex was a no-brainer. “S ince its launch in August, we’ve received great feedback to Word Hex from gamers of all ages, colors and creeds; in particular, we’re quite pleased with how well it’s resonated with the ladies. Given the amount of new players we’re acquiring every day, it made perfect sense to roll out some new features and make the playing experience even more enjoyable.”
See it in action:
WordHex - update 2.0
no ratings yet
Most excellent features:
- Find as many words as you can before time runs out. The longer the word, the more points scored
- Highlighting a word is a snap – just slide your finger across the letters
- If the word is valid in Scrabble, it’s valid in Word Hex
- Three modes: “Arcade” (for serious gamers), “Relax” (for cats) and "Hotseat Multiplayer" (for friends)
- Raise your experience level – the more you play, the more you score
- In-app currency packages (aka golden hexes)
- Includes a “Hint” button – click to score easy points, but pay with golden hexes
- High scores recorded daily, weekly, and all-time
- 34 achievements available in Game Center (iOS only)
- Upgrade to “Pro Version” and enjoy more time, more golden hexes, no ads, a long word guaranteed in every new hex field (iOS only), and no level cap
- How ‘bout an awesome “Hotseat Multiplayer” mode! Play with up to three friends or challenge Hexie (our sultry witch mascot) and her pets! Three levels of AI to choose from and lots of opportunity for customization. This mode is available in the “Pro Version” only
- New bonuses: “Time” and “Golden Hex” bonuses now pop up on the game board. Get ‘em while the gettin’s good!
- Free version game board redesigned to 16 highly-addictive hexes. Still free, still loads of fun!
- Various sound and performance enhancements
Why should you cover Word Hex? Because people love it!
Great! 5/5 stars
Great time killer! I love the graphics and animations. Not a waste of time at all! :)
by Mirpheus (iOS / USA)
My whole family loves it! 5/5 stars
This is a great app that challenges your mind and creativity! Find words forwards, backwards, zigzag. Challenge yourself with Word Hex, I highly recommend it!
by Fischster (iOS / USA)
Fantastically simple & beautiful 5/5 stars
Should come with a health warning: “Extremely addictive!”
by akarmol (iOS / UK)
Classically simple... 5/5 stars
by Robin Thorne (iOS / USA)
Can't stop playing ;) 5/5 stars
Seriously addictive, I discover I know far more English words than I thought. Good job, waiting for other language versions
by Plejada (iOS / Poland)
Hexed 5/5 stars
Excellent fun on my nexus, great easy to grapes game good vocabulary builder
by prettyinpink (Android)
Fun Word Game 5/5 stars
One my favorite word games played so far :-)
by Crystal (Android)
We appreciate your time and we hope you’ll take a ganders at what Lech Walesa calls “The greatest word game to come out of Poland since…is Scrabble Polish? No? Then Word Hex is the greatest!!”*
- (Lech Walesa didn’t really say this…but he’s probably thinking it.)
ABOUT VERY NICE STUDIO
Headquartered in the tri-city area around Gdansk, a location populated by some of Poland’s most creative minds, Very Nice Studio consists of a talented core of designers and engineers who’ve worked together for 10+ years. Our mission is simple: create games that are not only “very nice”, but that people will enjoy playing again and again…and again. In addition to Word Hex, Very Nice Studio is responsible for such other popular titles as Kate and Harry.