Bracknell, UK – 14th February 2013 - Eric Bane is a mystery, even to himself. In DARK, the upcoming stealth-action title from Kalypso Media, you'll play as Eric, as you unravel the mystery of why he was chosen to become something more than human...a vampire.
Today, Kalypso is pleased to release a new video showcasing the world of DARK, as well as unveiling the box artwork. In DARK, you, as Eric Bane, a newly "born" vampire, must uncover the secrets of this new world, and the mysterious GeoForge Corporation and the ancient vampires who control it. To do this you must stealthily explore a variety of modern environments, while using your unique vampire powers to silence all those who dare oppose you. DARK is set for release on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC in Q2 2013.
View it on YouTube
DARK is a stealth action game with RPG elements that lets you slip into the role of the ultimate killer… a vampire. Stalk your enemies from the shadows then use powerful vampire abilities to attack and silently dispatch them! The exciting story of DARK immerses you in a world full of blood and darkness in which the hunter can become the hunted at any time. As you unravel the mystery behind the omnipresent and powerful global conglomerate, Geoforge, you must continually improve your character by developing powerful skills to aid you in remaining unobserved, or silence those unfortunate enough to take too keen an interest in you.
Features of DARK:
- Stealth and action combine as players walk the world in darkness and silence, attacking their unsuspecting foes with supernatural fury
- Use powerful vampire abilities and hard-hitting melee attacks to defeat dangerous enemies -- turn into a puff of smoke and disappear, or close with your foes in an instant!
- Powerful and intelligently controlled AI enemies mix the fantastic with the real-world. Battle police and elite special forces along with ghouls and other vampires
- Castles, museums, skyscrapers, nightclubs and more are rendered in stunning 3D cel-shaded graphics, beckoning the player to explore -- but beware, powerful enemies hide everywhere
- RPG element mix with a compelling story – players will build up their skills through successful evasion and combat, while advancing the story through conversations with NPCs
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter @KalypsoMediaUK
About The Kalypso Media Group
Founded in 2006 in Germany by industry veterans Simon Hellwig and Stefan Marcinek, Kalypso Media is a global, independent developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software with 120 employees world-wide.
Along with Headquarters in Worms, Germany, the company has offices in the United Kingdom and the United States. Kalypso Media also enjoys very strong global digital distribution through its Kalypso Media Digital Ltd. Subsidiary, and owns three development studios – Realmforge Studios GmbH, Gaming Minds Studios GmbH and Noumena Studios GmbH – and works with multiple leading independent developers.
Kalypso Media‘s titles include the critically acclaimed Tropico 4, Sins of a Solar Empire, Dungeons and Omerta. Upcoming multi-platform titles include, DARK and The Dark Eye - Demonicon. Further information about Kalypso Media is available at http :// www . kalypsomedia . com .
Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox LIVE are either registered trademarks or trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.