FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SANTA MONICA, Calif.– March 20, 2009– The Game Factory, an international publisher of family-friendly and casual video and computer games, today announced that World Championship Games TM A Track&Field Event TM is now in stores exclusively for the Nintendo DSTM for $29.99 in North America. World Championship Games TM is a hyper-realistic athletic sport simulation game packed with fourteen entertaining and challenging Olympic events, including a variety of multiplayer gameplay modes such as online, pass around, single and multi-cartridge as well as a top notch presentation featuring superior graphics, 3D customizable male and female athletes and a variety of competition venues.
World Championship Games TM invites gamers to travel to some of the world’s most renowned stadiums and participate in intense international athletics competitions. Players compete to beat world records and collect medals by using a combination of stylus sliding, touch screen taping, and a mix of D-pad and the L or R button. Whether playing in single player mode against the game’s artificial intelligence or challenging friends over the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection, World Championship Games TM provides the most realistic sport simulation gameplay for handheld consoles. Developed at The Code Monkeys in Dewsbury, England, World Championship Games is rated E for everyone.
World Championship Games TM Features include :
• Accurate representations of 14 events: 100m, Long Jump, Shot Put, High Jump, 400m, 110m Hurdles, Discus, Pole Vault, Javelin, 1500m, Hammer, Running Target Riﬂe shooting, Rapid Fire Pistol shooting and Archery.
• Superior character animation, modeling and A.I.
• Hugely detailed international stadiums, including venues in Canada, France, Japan, Spain and China.
• Single player Decathlon, Tournament and Quick Event modes, and Multiplayer modes for 2-4 players.
• Achievements– Beat personal bests and world records, accumulate medals and earn trophies to unlock extra events and tournaments!
• Create your own customized male or female athlete with their own distinctive attributes.
• Compete in great pass-around, Single Card, Multi Card and Nintendo WFC multiplayer modes. Download and beat the world’s best scores via the online Leaderboard!
• Hugely popular genre featuring touch screen controls and rhythm-based events for varied gameplay.
About The Game Factory
The Game Factory, trading as The American Game Factory, Inc in North America, is an international publisher of family-friendly and casual video and computer games, many based on leading international children’s characters. It is a subsidiary of the K.E. Mathiasen Group A/S, the largest Nordic company within children's licenses and spanning many different product categories such as: apparel, toys, candy, home furnishing and games. For more corporate and product information, please visit www.gamefactorygames.com.
Media Contacts :
Damien Sarrazin, The Game Factory
Heather Villanueva , R/West