FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Classic Battles, Innovative Gameplay
Unity of Command is a turn-based strategy game that combines easy-to-learn gameplay with historically accurate recreations of epic WWII battles of the Stalingrad Campaign. Players fill in for famous commanders such as von Manstein and Zhukov, practicing the art of operational warfare in a novel gaming system focused squarely on combat and manouver.
Stalingrad, Before and After
In 1942, a titanic struggle is reaching its climax in the boundless, trackless expanses of southern Russia. The stakes cannot be higher as you take command of battle-hardened Wehrmacht or Red Army forces. Manouver armies and fronts, thrust and encircle, capture cities and cross continents... but never, ever forget to watch your supply lines.
- Easy to learn and intuitive, with fast and flowing gameplay
- Historically accurate operational-level units (Axis divisions, Soviet corps)
- 20+ detailed scenarios, Axis and Soviet, at the scale of 20km per hex, 4 days per turn
- Campaign mode that puts historical and what-if scenarios in strategic context
- Sophisticated weather model, with realistic per-hex weather
- Novel supply system, providing for exciting battles of encirclement and breakout
- Aggressive AI that knows how to counterattack and threaten supply lines
- Integrated "History Mode" for after-action replays
- Multiplayer via the Internet
Beta Testing Sign-up:
2x2 Games is calling on strategists and wargamers that want to take part in testing this new game system to join the beta test team. Testing will begin on September 15th. Players may sign up now at:
About 2x2 Games:
2x2 Games is a 4-strong indie dev team that is not afraid of treading new ground. On a mission to find that perfect balance between fun and historical accuracy in wargames, they just might be onto something.