- Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
- Salary: Negotiable
- Category: Programmers
- Posted: 07 December 2017
This is your chance to join a leading independent computer games developer-publisher responsible for some iconic first person shooter games and bestselling comics & fiction. They've seen a lot of success with their most recent AAA title and are now looking to grow their team.
They're now looking to add a Web Designer to join their team to help create fantastic AAA games! This role is primarily weighted towards front-end design and programming, taking care of interfaces and usability, but also requires a working understanding of PHP and the ability to help out with back-end programming, as required.
This role is full-time, based in-house at their Oxford headquarters. They can consider permanent or in-house contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
- Design, implement, test and maintain websites, focusing on front-end design, interaction and usability
- Design sample/mock-up page layouts and/or wireframes
- Design graphics, web animations and manipulate digital images and photographs
- Support PHP programmers in the implementation and maintenance of back-end systems
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and high quality standards
- Strong flair for creative front-end web design and interaction, with excellent attention to detail and awareness of usability issues
- Ability to wireframe and/or prototype and to grasp new concepts and tools quickly
- Working knowledge of PHP and MySQL and good problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and experience of OOP and MVC frameworks (ideally Laravel)
- Working knowledge of any of the following would also be a bonus: IDEs, debugging, logging, automated testing (PHPUnit, TDD), version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN), Agile methodologies, linux OS and command line tools
Why you should apply:
This is a studio who look after their developers with a generous benefits package, including flexible working hours, childcare support, health support and lots and lots of free/discounted goodies!
Interested? Contact Jordan Bateman at Jordan@aswift.com or on 01709 834777.Apply