- Location: Paris, France
- Salary: Negotiable
- Category: Artist
- Posted: 21 November 2017
Technical Artist - Paris
With the meteoric rise of sandbox experiences and introduction of cutting-edge technologies, the time is right for a new approach to creating online games. This studio designs deep, engaging and massive virtual worlds that become fertile ground for player-crafted stories.
They benefit from impressive backing from venture capital and exciting partners to be announced in the near future, they’ve chosen Paris for their home in which to build the next exciting revolution in the gaming industry.
This fun-loving studio are looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Senior Technical Artist! If you want to make a difference and work on products that matter to players, you belong here. Their entrepreneurial spirit will allow you to express and grow together with us, in the mission to serve their players with the best possible games.
As a Senior Technical Artist, you will be the bridge between artists and engineers and ensure an efficient art pipeline and optimised game.
- Working closely with the art director, artists, and engineers to carry out the technical and aesthetic vision for the game;
- Helping shape, develop and evolve art pipelines, including tools, software, plug-ins and game technology;
- Writing new scripts and tools for 3ds Max, Maya, and/or Unreal engine;
- Ensuring that the art toolset is user-friendly, performant and serves the project’s creative needs;
- Identifying potential and recurring workflow and performance problems and collaborating with other developers to create viable solutions.
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years console or PC game development experience on products demonstrating a high visual bar, with one or more shipped titles in a technical role;
- Technical experience across multiple art disciplines including character, animation, environment, VFX, lighting, shading and PBR material creation;
- High level of proficiency with 2D and 3D art development tools including, but not limited to: 3ds Max, ZBrush, Maya, Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter, etc;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and debugging abilities;
- Experience with scripting and tool creation for Maya and/or 3ds Max.
Why Should You Apply?
- Chance to work directly with the studio owners and influence games from the beginning.
- Competitive salary (based on experience) with stock options.
- Benefits package including private health insurance, transportation compensation and bonus.
- Unlimited budget for your working space hardware.
- Monthly free games to be up to date with all the latest release.
- Working with a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Flexible working hours.
Interested? Hit apply now! Alternatively, let's have a chat - you can contact me at Danny.email@example.com or on +44 1709 834777.