- Location: Copenhagen, United Kingdom
- Salary: Negotiable
- Category: Programmers
- Posted: 21 November 2017
This studio are an independent Danish video game developer who deliver exciting world class entertainment, and we want their games to play and feel like the people who created them. It is their way of making sure that they will always deliver something unique and interesting. This requires not only lots of work but also lots of guts, talented people and a great working environment and they do there utmost to have all of this.
They're currently looking for a very experienced network programmer to help build and lead a Multiplayer team in order to extend their state-of-the-art technology with multiplayer capabilities.
As the lead of the Multiplayer team you will be responsible for selecting and mentoring the other members of the team, as well as designing and leading the implementation of the entire network/multiplayer software stack for their engine and for the games that need to support multiplayer.
Do you have the skills I'm looking for?
- Recently shipped at least 1 AAA multiplayer game
- Strong knowledge of network protocols, major APIs and libraries
- Strong knowledge of multiplayer related tech: firewall traversal, data compression and encryption, distributed algorithms, mesh topologies, objects replication, prediction models and latency compensation, anti-cheating
- Strong knowledge of C/C++
- Experienced in navigating and integrating new technologies into large existing codebases
- Structured approach to planning, tasks estimation, breakdown and assignment
It will be an advantage if you have:
- Console experience (Xbox One and PS4)
- Experiences with creating custom tools with C#/.NET
- Cross-site working experience
- Master/PhD degree in Computer Science or related fields
So why should you apply?
This studio have a brother and sisterhood culture and they strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Interested? Hit apply now! Alternatively, lets have a chat - you can contact me at Jordan@aswift.com or on +44 1709 834777