- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Salary: £65000
- Category: Artist
- Posted: 22 November 2017
This leading European games studio develops world-class games for premium platforms including consoles, tablets, virtual reality and high-end smart phones.
Their mission is simple; to develop outstanding AAA entertainment software which create memorable and immersive online multiplayer experiences. Having already worked on top games titles like Halo: Spartan Assault with leading publishers like Microsoft Studios, the company is now looking to expand their expertise within the field of virtual reality.
The Amsterdam based team are looking for a Lead Artist to join them on their mission of creating innovative, state of the art games!
- Define the art style of a given title with input from the Art Director and other project stakeholders
- Ensure that adequate pre-production and testing of new concepts/techniques is complete prior to production of a title
- Document creative- and technical decisions for the team, stakeholders and clients/publishers
- Ensure that all assets created by the art team conform to the style and technical guidelines of the title
- Provide regular reviews and feedback with clear and consistent direction to the art team
- Identify and anticipate artistic problems and communicate solutions to the appropriate project managers
- Create/assist with project schedules and resource planning
- Drive the team to meet project deadlines and milestones
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor other artists in best practices, processes, and procedures
- Responsible for mentoring, training, and performance evaluations for the art team
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity and originality in treatment of licensed- and original IP
- 5+ Years of game industry experience
- Multiple shipped game titles as a Lead- or Senior/Supervisor Artist
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of current processes and techniques, including 3D modelling, animation, shaders, lighting and composition
- An excellent understanding of the basic graphic design principles including: concept design, graphic design, animation, environment design, character design, texturing, lighting
- Good written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate difficult and creative concepts in a clear and concise manner; capable of writing art design documentation defining needs
- Presentation skills
- Conflict resolution- and problem solving skills
- Passionate player of games with an ability to analyse competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development environment
- Experience with VR technology
- Experience with creating content for a multitude of devices (phones, tablets, pc’s, consoles).
- Strong illustration and painting skills
- Knowledge of Unity and/or UnrealEngine4 game engines
- Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues
- Benefits according to experience and job
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam
To find out more about this role, contact Sol Argueso at email@example.com or give us a call on 01709834777.