- Location: Copenhagen, United Kingdom
- Salary: Negotiable
- Category: Programmers
- Posted: 22 November 2017
Online Programmer – Copenhagen, Denmark
This is your chance to join ranks with an independent Danish video game developer who deliver exciting world class entertainment, and we want their games to play and feel like the people who created them. It is their way of making sure that they will always deliver something unique and interesting.
As an Online Programmer, you will be joining a team responsible for the development of the network layer and work closely with the engine team to co-develop the object replication layer. Additionally, you’ll collaborate with the AI/gameplay team to define and implement network aware features, workflows and setups, and share responsibility with the online team to create, run and monitor game-servers and backend infrastructure.
Do you have the skills I’m looking for?
- Participated in development of at least 1 shipped multiplayer game
- Solid knowledge of network protocols, major APIs and libraries
- Solid knowledge of some of the main multiplayer related technologies: firewall traversal, data compression and encryption, distributed algorithms, mesh topologies, objects replication, prediction models and latency compensation, anti-cheating
- Solid knowledge of C/C++
- Experienced in working with large existing codebases
Icing on the cake
- Console experience (Xbox One and PS4)
- Experiences with creating custom tools with C#/.NET
- Cross-site working experience
- Master/PhD degree in Computer Science or related fields
So why should you apply?
This studio have a brother and sisterhood culture and they strive to be a collective of creative, productive people rather than a factory. You come to work because you want to create top-of-the-line games and because you want to be part of a company that isn’t afraid of doing things differently.
Interested? Hit apply now! Alternatively, let’s have a chat – you can message me at Jordan@aswift.com or on +44 1709 834777