- Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
- Salary: £30000-40000
- Category: Programmers
- Posted: 23 November 2017
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on one of the most ambitious games to ever be developed!
Our client are a leading independent studio that is at the forefront of AAA experiences. They’re currently working on a highly anticipated Sci-Fi game which is expected to smash a number of records. If you’re looking for stability, a good wage, career progression and excitement, look no further.
To deliver on the anticipation for their upcoming game, our client are now looking to bring a new Network Programmer on-board. Working in a co-operative, cross-disciplinary team environment, you will implement the client/server network functionality of our client's games. Your work will be varied and you will face many exciting challenges at the cutting-edge of online game development. Duties include; working on their core network library, helping programmers from other teams to network systems and game features, integrating the client and server with their backend services, as well as working with DevOps and QA to diagnose issues affecting their live servers.
- Strong C++ and multi-threaded programming skills
- Experienced in TCP and UDP network programming
- Online game development experience
- Experience profiling and optimizing (network, CPU, memory, IO)
- Development experience in Windows and Linux
- MMO development experience
- Experience with client/server development including security and network traffic management
- CryEngine development experience
- Space combat sim development experience
- One or more shipped products, especially PC products
For more information about this excellent role contact Jordan Bateman on +44 (0)1709 834777 or email Jordan@aswift.com