- Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
- Salary: Negotiable
- Category: Designer
- Posted: 04 December 2017
Sci-Fi loving Senior Level Designer Required - Manchester, UK - Circa £35,000
Here's your opportunity to get involved in a hugely anticipated sci-fi game. This project was the worlds biggest kickstarter - ring any bells? Millions of people are waiting to waiting to play it, and here's your chance to make your mark!
You'll be joining the team in Manchester, working with the other senior and lead Level Designers to create innovative and exciting levels for this awesome title.
You will be working closely with the Environment team to design and whitebox layouts for space/surface locations. You'll also be designing layouts for rooms and components to be used with procedural tech, as well as using said tech to generate layouts for both space and surface locations.
You'll be working closely with narrative designers to ensure the story is carried well throughout the level, whilst working to ensure a balance between gameplay requirements and visual direction.
As a senior member of the team, you'll be a leader and help juniors around you.
So, you'll need to have…
- 4+ years of AAA games experience.
- Previous experience creating realistic and believable locations for AAA games.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal & written).
- Experience with current 3D game engines.
- Interest in Science Fiction based genres/themes.
And it would be great if you had…
- Good knowledge of Lumberyard and/or CryEngine.
- Knowledge of architectural and spatial design for building believable environments.
- Experience from multi studio development.
- Knowledge of Confluence or other documentation systems.
- Shipped (from pre-production to release) 1 large scale, 3D title (PC, current/next-gen consoles).
So, lets have a chat about the role! Email me at Sol@aswift.com, or give me a call on 01709 834777.Apply