- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Salary: £30000-40000
- Category: Designer
- Posted: 22 December 2017
Are you interested in working for an exciting studio that is redefining the way people play video games? How about working for a world class developer in a fun, and rewarding environment in Barcelona?
As a leading publisher of digital and social games, our client has established itself as one of the top innovators within its the mobile games space since 2000.
You'd be joining their Barcelona studio as a Game Designer to guide studio creative talent, and leverage their full potential with each game they develop.
- Design fun and immersive gameplay mechanics, features and story on projects for the mobile game market
- Intelligent behavior design, using general game concepts to create inspired and original environments
- Document and analyze the created designs. Analyze competition games to extract learnings that help improve your designs. Keep design documentation updated.
- Coordinate the work with art and development teams in order to ensure quality and on time delivery of the projects
- Experience in video games for mobile devices
- Strong knowledge of Game Design basic rules (gameplay, learning curve, directing, difficulty balancing, pacing, reward, accessibility…)
- Able to convey ideas concisely and as part of a detailed analysis, and to clearly formalize complex concepts and ideas
- Able to illustrate and/or prototype your ideas visually using standard industry production tools (Photoshop, Flash, Sketch-up, 3D Studio Max, Unity, Blitz, etc.)
- High visual creativity and passion for creating video games
It'd also be a bonus if you have…
- Knowledge of programming languages (object-oriented and natural language programming)
- Design / Composition: Able to draw sketches and digitally create images or videos.
- Good general knowledge (history, literature, science, entertainment) and a sense of aesthetics for creating general style guides
For more information about this excellent role contact Simon Hope at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01709 834777.Apply