- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Salary: £48000-58000
- Category: Artist
- Posted: 22 December 2017
Senior Character Artist - London, UK
How about joining a small, talented team currently leading the development on a new and highly ambitious MMORPG? They’re a tight knit bunch, capable of delivering big ideas through experience, smart process, and world-class tools. You should be one of them!
You'd be working for one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment. They're always growing, recently opening another studio in central London! They've been around since 1997, and have picked up a cabinet full awards and received critical acclaim worldwide.
So, what will you be doing?
As the Senior Character Artist, you'll be responsible for defining the benchmark standards and ensuring the characters meet those standards across the game. You'll be able to demonstrate a real flair and passion for the creation of unique and memorable characters.
As part of this role you will collaborate with the Art, Production and Design teams to help develop/deliver a strong animation style and schedule for the new IP. You will work with Tech Artists and Programming team to implement animations into the game engine. You’ll need to be hands on taking character from initial concepts to final game assets ensuring all Characters are delivered against agreed technical specifications and quality.
· Extensive experience in AAA game development and at least 1 commercially released title in a senior role.
· Strong understanding of the use of silhouette in the readability of characters.
· Strong 3D sculpting and modelling abilities (organic and hardsurface) creating clean meshes with efficient topology ready for rigging.
· Efficient layout of UV and optimal use of Textures against technical requirements.
· Comprehensive knowledge of industry standard 3D and 2D software, Zbrush, 3DS Max or Maya, Substance Painter, Photoshop, etc.
· Strong knowledge of industry standard pipelines and workflows, asset exporting process and implementation within the game.
· Experience of working with Unreal Engine 4.
Desirable additional Skills and Experience
· Experienced in the development and implementation of tailored workflows and pipelines.
· Experience of working with outsource partners and software such as shotgun.
· Knowledge of Marvelous Designer.
- Experience with the Rigging and Skinning of Characters.
Why should you apply?
Our client offers the benefits you’d expect such as healthcare, sick pay, maternity / paternity leave and competitive salaries, but as part of this small growing team you’ll gain much more. You’ll be working alongside some of the most talented people in the industry and as one of the early members you’ll have a real impact on the overall development of the title.
For more information contact Danny Blachford on 01709 834 777 or drop us an email at Danny.firstname.lastname@example.org!Apply