- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Salary: £65000-75000
- Category: Designer
- Posted: 22 December 2017
Lead Designer Required - London, UK
How about joining a small, talented team currently leading the development on a new and highly ambitious MMORPG? They’re a tight knit bunch, capable of delivering big ideas through experience, smart process, and world-class tools. You should be one of them!
You'd be working for one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment. They're always growing, recently opening another studio in central London! They've been around since 1997, and have picked up a cabinet full awards and received critical acclaim worldwide.
So, what will you be doing?
You'll be responsible for leading a small team of experienced designers in the development and execution of game design. You will have a demonstrable track-record of leading design teams on multiple high-profile titles, and ideally experience of RPG gameplay and systems design development.
- Management and prioritization of Senior Designers daily workload.
- Genesis of design concepts to match the game’s vision.
- Responsibility for all design documentation being suitable for intended audiences.
- Guiding the intra-team design communication channels.
- Validation of all design scoping estimates.
- Ownership of the accuracy of both economy and balance modelling.
- Responsible for working closely with the development team to drive high quality feature implementation with the right gameplay “feel”.
- Responsibie for the successful implementation of all features.
- Line-management, guidance and mentoring of the wider design team.
- Collaboration with the Art Director to ensure best-in-class user experience.
- Shipped a minimum of 1 game title as a Lead Designer or Design Director on a high-profile MMO, RPG or other systems heavy game.
- Demonstrable track-record of managing and mentoring a game design team.
- Solid understanding of game design process and methodology.
- An excellent grasp of numbers, especially with respect to game modelling techniques.
- Fantastic games knowledge (both classic and contemporary), especially in MMORPGs.
- A demonstrable analytical and iterative approach to solving design problems.
- Strong organizational skills and experience of establishing enduring processes.
- Ability to balance the impacts of deadlines and resources with creative and quality requirements.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities and meet deadline.
- Ability to communicate effectively with executive level staff on a broad range of topics, and convey complex ideas to audiences of varying design expertise.
- Comfortable getting hands-on where necessary in design documentation tasks.
- Experience with the UE4 engine and blueprints is a real plus.
Why should you apply?
Our client offers the benefits you’d expect such as healthcare, sick pay, maternity / paternity leave and competitive salaries, but as part of this small growing team you’ll gain much more. You’ll be working alongside some of the most talented people in the industry and as one of the early members you’ll have a real impact on the overall development of the title.
For more information contact Sol on 01709 834 777 or drop us an email at Sol@aswift.com!Apply