- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Salary: £82000-100000
- Category: Artist
- Posted: 22 December 2017
Art Director - London, UK
How about leading a relatively small, talented team currently leading the development on a new and highly ambitious MMORPG? They’re a tight knit bunch, capable of delivering big ideas through experience, smart process, and world-class tools. You should be one of them!
You'd be working for one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment. They're always growing, recently opening another studio in central London! They've been around since 1997, and have picked up a cabinet full awards and received critical acclaim worldwide.
What will you be doing?
As the new Art Director of this growing team, you'd be responsible for leading the artistic vision of their new project, and providing support, mentoring and guidance to the wider art team. You will have a demonstrable track-record of leading the art vision for multiple high-profile titles.
· Shipped a minimum of 1 game title as an Art Director, demonstrating a high visual bar for quality.
· Proven AAA experience in a development side art leadership position.
· Hands-on experience driving the early concept development of a games art style, covering environments, characters and UI.
· Good sense of storytelling and continuity.
· Solid understanding of game design process and methodology.
· Ability to balance the impacts of deadlines and resources with style and quality requirements of a title's art direction.
· Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities and meet deadlines.
· Ability to communicate effectively with executive level staff on a broad range of topics: technical, business, and creative.
· Comfortable getting hands-on where necessary in either concept or 3D.
· Passion for video games is a must.
Why should you apply?
Our client offers the benefits you’d expect such as healthcare, sick pay, maternity / paternity leave and competitive salaries, but as part of this small growing team you’ll gain much more. You’ll be working alongside some of the most talented people in the industry and as one of the early members you’ll have a real impact on the overall development of the title.
For more information contact Danny Blachford on 01709 834 777 or drop us an email at Danny.email@example.com!