|Location:||Australia - Sydney|
|Date posted:||Sunday, July 6th 2014|
As Content Editor you’ll be a fountain of creativity that is always looking for exciting ways for players to experience content on oce.leagueoflegends.com. Your experience as a writer and editor, along with your passion for bringing stories to life, will help Oceanic players make meaningful connections withLeague of Legends through awesome content.
As a Rioter in Sydney, you’ll join a tight-knit team that shares our focus on player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Community, Esports and Marketing, Oceanic Rioters will create awesome player experiences in and around League of Legends.
- Write and proofread articles that educate and excite League of Legends players about the game as well as Community and Esports initiatives
- Work collaboratively with other members of the creative services team to come up with ideas to push the boundaries of League of Legends web content and work within the CMS to share these stories in new and different ways
- Be willing to be on-call at irregular hours for publishing support for Esports and Community events
- Stay connected with other players and be in sync with the latest happenings in and around League of Legends to make sure the content you produce is relevant and engaging
- Organise and catalogue the creative files produced for each project
- A wordsmith: whether penning a piece yourself, providing editorial feedback or sewing up a comma splice, you’re comfy chasing down and writing up stories on the road or at your desk
- Educated and experienced: you bring a degree in journalism, English, or a related field and are experienced with crafting content strategies or cranking out high-quality, long- and short-form writing; you’ve probably lent your pen to an advertising agency, creative services team, or national print or online publication, though where you wrote matters less than what you wrote
- Team oriented: you’re a flexible collaborator who makes it safe for others to provide you with feedback and different perspectives; you develop productive relationships thanks to your impeccable workplace sportsmanship and your preference for no-bullshit communication
- A grammar ninja: your ability to sniff out a spelling or grammar mistake from the shadows is unparalleled; you know the differences between regional spellings by heart and calculate time zones on the fly
- Technically proficient: you’re pro with the tools of web and professional content production, including hands-on experience with content management systems such as WordPress and Drupal
- Empathetic: you evaluate how different audiences might perceive your content to find the right angle, and steer clear of gaffes that could create difficult situations
- A gamer: you define yourself as a gamer; as a League of Legends player and an esports fan, you’re driven to craft content that connects with players