|Position:||Contract Cinematic Artist – Guildford (UK) – £150-£200 a day – AAA Games|
|Employer:||OPM Recruitment Ltd|
|Location:||UK - South East|
|Date posted:||Wednesday, February 27th 2013|
Job Title: Cinematic Artist
Location: Guildford (UK)
Salary: £150-£200 a day
Job Type: 10 months contract
Project: AAA Games
Platforms: Console & PC
Note: All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
My client is a multi-award winning developer, best known for their hit racing series and is amongst the best game studios in the world with a world class team of game makers at its heart. They provide a stable studio atmosphere and are backed by one of the largest publishers and developer of video games. Located in Guildford town centre, within leafy Surrey, They are only a short 40 minute train journey from London and all its entertainment.
As a Cinematic Artist you will be working in the Cinematic Marketing Asset team on an AAA arcade racing franchise. Based within a BAFTA award winning games studio; with responsibility for bringing to life the visceral, brutal car action this studio is critically acclaimed, trusted and renowned for.
• Creating previs and in game dynamic action sequences, responsible for delivering stylish, engaging and entertaining solutions to their hi-octane driving action
• Must be able to demonstrate action sequences that show momentum, energy and pace that match AAA games
• Prevising storyboarded sequences, adding and creating exciting, dynamic sequences
• Authoring entertaining, compelling in-game cinematic action sequences
• Animating intense car action sequences, terrifying jumps, insane crashes and epic car chases
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Good knowledge of current 3D software (Maya or Max)
• Editing skills in After Effects/Premiere
• Understanding of animation, timing, staging and storytelling techniques
• Clear understanding of film language, cinematography, demonstrating strong composition, continuity and camera angle choices
• Flexible, able to adapt, and open to an evolving brief, changing ideas and direction
• Follow direction as well as provide imaginative, creative solutions to problems
• Game development experience is a plus, but not a requirement
Opportunities like this don’t come around every day so apply now for you chance to work at one of Europe’s hottest games studios!
To ensure a speedy application please email your up to date CV in MS WORD FORMAT and Show Reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jon Norfolk | Art & Animation Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214425
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.