|Position:||Contract Cinematic Director – Guildford (UK) – £220-£280 a day – AAA Games|
|Employer:||OPM Recruitment Ltd|
|Location:||UK - South East|
|Date posted:||Wednesday, February 27th 2013|
Job Title: Cinematic Artist
Location: Guildford (UK)
Salary: £150-£200 a day
Job Type: 10 months contract
Project: AAA Games
Platforms: Console & PC
Note: All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
My client is a multi-award winning developer, best known for their hit racing series and is amongst the best game studios in the world with a world class team of game makers at its heart. They provide a stable studio atmosphere and are backed by one of the largest publishers and developer of video games. Located in Guildford town centre, within leafy Surrey, They are only a short 40 minute train journey from London and all its entertainment.
Their marketing team is looking for a talented and motivated Cinematic Director. The successful candidate will define and drive the vision for all creative and marketing assets, helping bring a movie-like quality to the narrative by driving the creation of engaging content. The Cinematic Director is involved in breaking down the script, storyboarding, and overseeing dialog recording to create cut scene and trailer footage using their 3D commercial package and in house tools to manipulate the blocking, framing, and timing.
• Direct the creation of trailers, marketing assets and cut scenes
• Provide inspiration, leadership and creative focus for the project team
• Generates script breakdown, and directs the creation of storyboards
• Learns to use a proprietary tool to manipulate blocking, framing, and timing
• Advise team members on technical and creative issues
• Work closely with the marketing director and leads from other disciplines
• Challenge the paradigm of video game trailer creative
• Extensive and proven experience as a Cinematic Director
• Able to closely collaborate with the Marketing Director and Art teams
• A solid understanding of composition and camera language
• Understanding of scene lighting
• Visual storytelling ability
• Ability to learn and work with proprietary tools
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and experience
• Ability to effectively interact and collaborate, in meetings or through one-on-one conversations with the different departmental leads (Design, Art, Programming, etc.)
• Must have an understanding of the key aspects of game development including how to work effectively with a real-time engine
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent decision making capabilities
• Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
• Familiarity with graphics tools such as Maya, 3DS Max, Motion Builder, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, ZBrush, and Photoshop
• Film School or Classical Animation background, ideally with a degree in Fine Arts or Computer Animation
On offer is a host of extra benefits including private health care, pension and generous employee share purchase plans (ESPP).
Opportunities like this don’t come around every day so apply now for you chance to work at one of Europe’s hottest games studios!
To ensure a speedy application please email your up to date CV in MS WORD FORMAT and Show Reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jon Norfolk | Art & Animation Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214425
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.