|Position:||Creative Hardware Technologist – London, Salary up to £300 a day – 3 Month Initial Contract (3 days per week)|
|Employer:||OPM Recruitment Ltd|
|Date posted:||Friday, July 18th 2014|
Salary: up to £300 a day
Job Type: 3 month initial contract (3 days per week)
OPM are pleased to be working with this renowned studio that is looking for a Creative Hardware Technologist
The ideal candidate is an engineer with a design mind-set able to make working prototypes of interactive products, thriving on blending many crafts to create holistic experiences. A passion for engineering, design and design thinking as well as the desire to work in a multi-discipline, team-oriented environment is required.
Qualified applicants will have completed undergraduate or graduate degrees in one of Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering, or Industrial Design and have professional experience in hardware and product development.
The individual needs to be able to design and innovate with electronics, build functional prototypes on different levels, while reaching out to collaborate and integrate with all of the other disciplines, developing products that enable new experiences.
You are a Maker and can build electronic prototypes from working with kits such as Arduino or MBed, to soldering up your own circuits, to designing customs PCBs in packages such as Altium.
Candidates would be able to do the following:
• Collaborate as part of the team to engineer technology solutions for product ideas.
• Help the team create prototyping plans based on the stages and needs of the project
• Create electronic prototypes on a number of different levels from ad-hoc to refined:
o Working with off-the-shelf prototyping kits and boards including Arduino or Mbed
o Breadboarding and Soldering custom circuits
o Designing custom PCBs (preferably in the Altium package)
• Contribute to the design of housing or mechanisms for the electronics, in terms of ideas or 3D modelling, 3D printing, model-making
• Demonstrate knowledge of and consideration for the manufacturing process, including BOM considerations and manufacturing techniques.
• Be able to contribute to discussions and work on firmware development
If you have the skills and relevant experience for this role and then send your cv to email@example.com today!
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants must have permission to work in the UK, only succesful applicants will be contacted