Digital Product Marketeer
Digital publishing has a key commercial role within my clients business. To further to support this, a new Product Management role has been created with the specific brief of managing the digital publishing strategy for key gaming franchises.
The office is the central support organisation for over 100 countries in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Australasia. They market all hardware in the portfolio and are one of the market leaders in publishing.
- Creation and implementation of the digital publishing approach for key gaming franchises, including post launch DLC
- Management of customer retention and engagement strategies to drive brand loyalty
- Working with development teams to ensure product development supports publishing strategy
- Primary contact for the Team
Development and implementation of publishing strategies
- Creation and implementation of yearly marketing & publishing strategy that support wider business objectives.
- Liaising with internal teams to ensure chosen strategies are supported by robust business intelligence.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with external marketing agencies and suppliers to ensure the timely generation of marketing assets for local use (e.g. advertising materials, websites, PR plans etc.)
- Acting as first point of contact for all internal departments (e.g. Sales, Operations, Creative Services, Online Delivery etc.)
Development of customer retention and engagement strategies to drive brand loyalty
- Develop a deep understanding of the different motivations of our varied player base and ensure these needs are serviced appropriately
- Identify and monitor franchise engagement against a set of agreed KPIs
Primary contact point for development teams
- Achieving a trusting relationship with product development will lead to better products, better marketing and an increase in the potential success of each title
- The Product Manager should drive regular meetings, feedback on European market performance (cultural and commercial) and give input/advice on all commercial and creative elements of product development.
- Preparation and presentation of material requests and marketing plans to development teams is key to maintaining effective communications.
Responsibility for budget management
- Prudent financial management of product budgets for each title including monthly status review with Marketing Manager. Timely process of PO numbers for all marketing expenditure.
A successful candidate will require the following qualities:
- Established Product or Service marketing experience within a publishing, videogames, retail or media industry
- Commercial outlook – ability to interrogate data to understand what drives the bottom line and use this to inform publishing strategy
- Experience of applying CRM tools, social media and online communications within promotional campaigns. Previous experience in the marketing of on-going services, including customer retention and loyalty programs.
- Communicative – we are an international marketing department where strong interpersonal skills are required
- An interest in, and knowledge of, video games is highly desirable