|Position:||Games Data Analyst – Midlands, UK, Salary £Neg – Games|
|Employer:||OPM Recruitment Ltd|
|Location:||UK - Midlands|
|Date posted:||Friday, July 18th 2014|
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Job Type: Permanent
OPM are delighted to be working with this independent Games Studio that was founded by industry veterans.
They are currently looking for a talented Games Data Analyst to work on an exciting original game leading on PC & an innovative mobile project.
The successful candidate will mine their Business Intelligence system and provide key insights into user behaviour and the effectiveness of their retention strategies. You will keep abreast of the KPIs, generating reports, and mining for insights.
- Experience of working with Big Data and the most commonly used technologies: NoSQL, Hadoop, Pig, Hive.
- Generating and reporting insights from the data warehouse
- Recommending actionable points
- Work with the game development team to maintain and alter the data points being collected over time
- Proactively keep abreast of new software and solutions that become available, and where appropriate propose their adoption
- Experience of using RDBMS
- Experience of using one (or some) of the more popular analytics programs such as Tableau, R, Metric Insights
- Previous experience of analytical mining and reporting for large online games would be highly beneficial
- Highly capable with Excel and pivot tables
- Computer literate to a high level
- Able to present complex data with conclusions in clear and polished reports
- Attention to detail is essential and all tasks must be carried out to the highest standard
- Comfortable working to deadlines and providing occasional out-of-hours maintenance work
- Thorough approach to problem solving
- Able to function independently when required
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to prioritise a large number of tasks
- A passion for gaming in general
- Ability to write Map Reduce routines in Java
- Ability to write queries using Pig Latin
- Training or a keen interest in behavioural psychology and/or economics would be advantageous
If you have the skills and relevant experience for this then send your cv to email@example.com today!
Please note: my client is unfortunately unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Due to the Coalition Government's immigration limits their ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship.
Catherine Cope| Design and Analytics Consultant
OPM Response Ltd | Ground Floor, Anderson House, 228 Old London Road, Marks Tey, Colchester, CO6 1HD
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214416 | Email: Catherine@opmjobs.com | Skype: catherine.cope.opm