|Position:||Games Mathematician - London|
|Salary:||Up to £65,000 depending on experience|
|Date posted:||Tuesday, August 5th 2014|
This company are a true leader in their field; they develop amazing gambling slot machine games for their large client portfolio. They have delivered an extensive portfolio of gaming products in their 14 years of experience. Their customers are large operators and platform providers. They have developed extensive portfolio of products for multilingual territories to some of the biggest names in the gambling games industry.
As a result they require a games mathematician to lead the logic team in creating maths models for gambling games. As part of this role you will act like a Data Scientist to integrate maths models into the server and frontend code. You will supervise a small team within the logic department whilst collaborating with the wider sister companies and upper management to ensure that mathematical creation and statistical capture are synchronised.
The responsibilities will include:
· Working within Product Development to brainstorm new game ideas.
· Supervising and assisting in-house mathematicians and developers to create spreadsheets and bespoke coded tools to model the maths for games.
· Drawing conclusions from historical statistical analysis and supervising future analysis on slot statistics, profit, ranking and player behaviour.
· Working within the Product department to brainstorm new game ideas.
· Creatively balancing the games to provide good gameplay experiences, to create profitable and successful slots and to analyse statistically, categorise and verify the maths.
· Drawing conclusions from historical statistical analysis and supervising future analysis on slot statistics, profits, rankings and player behaviour.
· Balance slot machines, adjust and redefine the desired profile based upon sampling the play experience and comparing the game to known successful titles.
· Create spreadsheets in Excel and assist C# developers in writing code to model slot machines mathematically.
· Statistically analyze, log and compare games balance with bespoke tools to better understand what makes a successful math’s profile for different play profile types.
· Actively report on player segmentation to understand play profiles.
· Introduce new statistical methods for the creation or verification of mathematical models.
The suitable candidate must have:
· Be highly proficient in Excel and formula. Ideally with knowledge of Computer programming for C or Java, whilst having had previous statistical experience in Matlab, R, Mathematica or Maple. If you are a Data scientist or Analyst with some frontend programing experience this is an ideal opportunity to be involved with a forward thinking leader in the gambling games market.
To apply please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or tel Sarah on 020 7580 6018 for a confidential chat (once we have your cv). We value close, personal relationships with our candidates and applications by this method tend to be more successful.
Please click for more Games Jobs