|Position:||Internal Producer - Established & Successful Games Developer|
|Employer:||OPM Recruitment Ltd|
|Location:||UK - North West|
|Date posted:||Saturday, March 16th 2013|
Job Title –Producer
Job Location – Sheffield
Job Type – Permanent
Job Salary – Negotiable dependent on experience
OPM are working with one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers to find a talented and experienced Producer to join their team.
Since their inception in 2003, they've had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for partners that include Microsoft, SEGA, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney and many more.
They are responsible for a string of recent successes and have several other unannounced but extraordinarily exciting AAA games in production.
Reporting to the Development Director, the Producer employs strategic relations with both internal and external contacts in ensuring the creation of video games are delivered timely and on budget, and within quality expectation of clients.
• Manage the schedules of multiple departments within a game team, from pre-production to final product release, to meet defined budgets, schedules and quality benchmarks.
• Key leader/contributor to the development team
• Create milestone content and realistic production schedules in coordination with team leads and management.
• Continuously assess risk and keep scope of the project in line with budget and schedule.
• Maintain close communication with team leads and provide team members with material and technical support as needed.
• Ensure that each member of the team is working from a tracked schedule and has a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for the quality and timeliness of their contribution.
• Identify and resolve conflicts between schedule, budget and design goals.
• Keep abreast of current trends in the marketplace especially with regard to similar and/or competitive product.
• Foster positive working relationships, teamwork and communication within the development teams.
• Client (publisher) management
• Perform employee performance management and counselling
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Shipped at least 2 games in a production management role.
• Highly responsible, self-directed, detail oriented problem solver with a desire to contribute to a creative environment.
• Outstanding organization, communication and exceptional management skills/leadership.
• Superior attention to detail
• Exceptional project management practices and software including Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word.
• Work well/respond to pressure
• Communicate effectively within a large group/multiple project environment
• Think critically, and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
• Quickly master proprietary tools and development processes
• To take direction and criticism
• Meet deadlines designated for team projects
• Professionalism and the ability to function well within a team
About the company:
They offer competitive salaries, holidays and excellent employee benefits. The environment itself is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having ownership and a realisable input into the games they create.
Their city location itself enjoys wealth of facilities including shopping, restaurants, stunning theatres and galleries and incredible parks and green spaces.
If you have a passion for making and playing games, have excellent skills and experience, dedication and, most importantly, the talent they need - then this company really wants to hear from you.
They're at an exciting stage of growth and success - come and join them for the ride!
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Nadja on +44 (0)1206 214422 or send your details and Word CV for my attention to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.